Love my chickens

cynthiafu

1 minute ago, cynthiafu said:

This is a weeks worth of eggs imageproxy.php?img=&key=e19349f16091ac34

20200417_102100.jpg

20200417_102055.jpg

How many chickens do you have? Laying and non laying.

I've got eight ladies. 3 buff orpingtons, 2 bard rocks, 2 Rhode island reds, and a Easter egger.  I'm averaging 7 eggs a day.  Give my extras to friend and family. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BigVal said:

I'll be getting into the chicken world soon, I'm sure I'll have questions lol.

Check out backyardchickens.com.   Lots of great info.  

Edited by mowin
  • Like 2

How many chickens do you have? Laying and non laying.

I've got eight ladies. 3 buff orpingtons, 2 bard rocks, 2 Rhode island reds, and a Easter egger.  I'm averaging 7 eggs a day.  Give my extras to friend and family. 
Man that's easily like 50 bucks in eggs right there!

Call Me The Teflon Don

2 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Man that's easily like 50 bucks in eggs right there!

Call Me The Teflon Don

I was selling  mine for 4.00 a dozen  . But with this crap going on the lady has not been over to get eggs so I give them to the neighbors.  I live near alot of elderly  

• Like 6

I was selling  mine for 4.00 a dozen  . But with this crap going on the lady has not been over to get eggs so I give them to the neighbors.  I live near alot of elderly  
That's very nice to help the people around you. That's what everyone should be doing. Coming together socially distant and helping those who need it especially old people.

Call Me The Teflon Don

I made more money when I had the button quails . Their eggs were delicious.  And I got 9.00 a dozen for eating  eggs and 25 .00 a dozen for fertile eggs 
IMG_20151020_141545_353.thumb.jpg.f93ac95d1081f653a9248e845e239548.jpg
Need to get some peacocks. Those are the biggest fluffiest eggs I've ever eaten in my life!

Call Me The Teflon Don

Oh don't I know it! There's peacocks on the property I hunt.[mention=327]crappyice[/mention] has heard em. They make all kinds of wild noises

Call Me The Teflon Don

Is that what that was....when I grabbed that dead head from the swamp this winter I thought is was a Squatch screaming!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

My wife and kids want to raise Chickens which means I will end up raising chickens. So far I have said no but perhaps in a few more years when I can count on the kids a little more it might be a possibility

I love it if I had my own land  I would have more . There is a house right up the street with 3 acres going for 210,000 sure wish I could get it . But with the way things are going  i doubt it

15 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

I love it if I had my own land  I would have more . There is a house right up the street with 3 acres going for 210,000 sure wish I could get it . But with the way things are going  i doubt it

I only live on 1.25 acres so I wouldn't have that many and I wouldn't want that many anyways I would only want enough to keep my family stocked with eggs and give the extras away. Even getting 6-7 eggs a day would be a lot for us. 

23 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I only live on 1.25 acres so I wouldn't have that many and I wouldn't want that many anyways I would only want enough to keep my family stocked with eggs and give the extras away. Even getting 6-7 eggs a day would be a lot for us. 

It's just my wife and I, so we definitely have a surplus during the spring, summer. 

During the winter, they definitely slow down with the rent payments. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mowin said:

It's just my wife and I, so we definitely have a surplus during the spring, summer. 

During the winter, they definitely slow down with the rent payments. 

My Old Fat Father always told me that a FEATHER DUSTER would lay eggs in the spring....

• Haha 1