Pheasant hunting

raymerlo

We are having a problem when we stock pheasants

especially on state lands,why can't the sports wait till the people who are stocking leave before they go out and start hunting the birds and give them a chance to recover from being in a stocking crate,also a safety issue when there is pellets flying,we have young teens helping us and what an example you are setting,the state people are resorting to law enforcement while they stock,we are supposed to be sportsman, is a pheasant worth that much that they make jerks of them selves,and may be get a citation besides or some one a face full of bird shot or worse

Do you do the stocking yourself?

I've heard about pheasant stocking but I dont know much about the program.

Why don't they release the birds one day, then the next day publicize the location they were released? Or do people just show up when its not even publicized?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Lets get some thing straight,the state stocks before and during the season,we all have the same allotment,the Putnam County Federation of Sportsman Clubs have a budget to purchase birds,the people that stock are volunteers and give their time,we have youngsters involved and we stock when we think that the time and weather is right,also for your info we stock over 600 birds at the three locations,and it is not funny when pellets are flying and on top of that stocking dates get leaked out and they are waiting for the birds,

I've been out there when the stocking truck came to Cranberry. I pulled my dogs in and waited till the truck left. However I did see and hear shots from the lower field as the birds were released. They were shooting them in flight from the crate. If that's what you want to do you should go to a club and do a tower shoot. I enjoy watching my dogs work more than shooting the birds. No one is out there to shoot a pheasant because they need to put food on the table. IMO. Give em a break!

• Like 1