Gas Mileage

Rattler

I’m not attempting to debate, but I agree with some of his points.  Although, I’m not sure why he only gets 30mpg in those cars.  Sometimes smaller motors are not better since they work harder, versus a larger motor in a comparable vehicle.  I know my dads 2013 beater Camry gets 35-37 on highway.  My Escape with a 2.0 turbo averages 25-27 mpg.  My Escape is auto 4x4, and can tow 3500 lbs...not a lot of weight I realize this, but a matrix or celica isn’t even recommended to tow anything i bet.  So to say vehicles aren’t improving in mpg, isn’t necessary something I agree with.  Lastly, my Escape if I pull my atv up to maine 500 miles on highway at 65-75mph, I am still at around 20mpg.  I don’t have experience with older Escapes pre- Ecoboost motors, but I cannot imagine they got the mpg I see in mine.  Just my thoughts.  For whatever it’s worth, I guess my point here is, some vehicles have very much improved in mpg, while being very capable and still retain good mpg.

I had a 1991 Chevy Caprice with 5.0 V8 and auto overdrive that got 28 mpg highway.  I now have a 2012 Escape with 4 cyl no Ecoboost and it gets ......28 MPG.

It's pretty obvious the mpg rating can vary with each vehicle regardless of the engine size or the vehicles weight.

1 hour ago, Rattler said:

I had a 1991 Chevy Caprice with 5.0 V8 and auto overdrive that got 28 mpg highway.  I now have a 2012 Escape with 4 cyl no Ecoboost and it gets ......28 MPG.

It's pretty obvious the mpg rating can vary with each vehicle regardless of the engine size or the vehicles weight.

With a lot less power, and therefore capabilities if one needed them, that was kind of my point.  Vehicles may get similar mpg as there older versions, but they are much more capable the newer they get was sort of my point.

Edited by Bionic

4 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Erie county ......13 miles from the Seneca Reservation. It has it an all time low at .88 a gallon as of this morning

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I have a friend that lives 3 miles from the Rez. He has been harassing me weekly by taking a picture of how much he filled is tank up for! 

• Like 1

The cheapest price I paid for gas recently was $1.659 at BJ's in Henrietta . Cheapest gas in my neighborhood is $2.30 . I got 28 mpg in my 2015 Forester on a trip today . Had a few stops so I could have gotten better in my 110 mile round trip .

• Like 1