The natives are getting restless

15 minutes ago, Rattler said:

AT, you sound like a broken record and you believe you speak for others too.  Pathetic.

Lol proving my point...thank you! I how ever will not stoop to your level in calling you patheric how ever, ill let our conversation speak for its self. You simply dont care about or understand anyone elses perspective and its sad. Ill let my FACTS also speak for its self as well instead of your providing of literally nothing. You can call me every name under the sun, but it wont change what i said being wrong. 

Edited by ATbuckhunter

Lefty, what you will never be able to comprehend is, I look for solutions.  I understand the situation far better than you do in my opinion.  You want to wallow in self pity.  I want this situation resolved.  That's what's important.  That's what has value.  If that makes me an asshole in your mind, I'll consider that a compliment.
Crying won't fix a damn thing, but keep crying if you think it does.

Has The Donald joined Hunting NY under the Ratt tag?
You are exemplifying the aspect of our President that so many (even his supporters) abhor. “I am right-actually the rightest ever- no one has ever been the righterest than me. You, you are a baby...let me think of a name to call you!”

You, a prime example of an extremist, are the reason that rational people won’t engage in the conversation since it is not a conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Has The Donald joined Hunting NY under the Ratt tag?
You are exemplifying the aspect of our President that so many (even his supporters) abhor. “I am right-actually the rightest ever- no one has ever been the righterest than me. You, you are a baby...let me think of a name to call you!”

You, a prime example of an extremist, are the reason that rational people won’t engage in the conversation since it is not a conversation.

I'm more than open to debate whatever you feel you can debate.  The reason you choose not to has noting to due with being rational, for that would encourage debate.  It has everything to do with being unable to refute what I have said and insufficient knowledge of the subject to covey why you believe what you do.  Feelings do not win debates and have never solved a crises.  Analytical decision making does.  

State the problem, list all possible alternatives, consider the advantages and disadvantages of them all, then choose the alternative with the most advantages and least disadvantages.  That's how you solve a problem.

Nobody ever won a war by having their solders hunker down and self isolate.  The US will not win this battle by committing economic suicide either.  There are many reasons why some politicians would like to see the US economy crippled.  It's all about power and control.  If you aren't worried about that, you do not understand the problem.

And some of us were given a brain, and we know how to use it.

An Open Letter to Governor Cuomo from WGY’s Kelly Lynch

Apr 20, 2020 Photo: Getty Images

Photo: Getty Images

Dear Governor Cuomo,

I hate to resort to this “open letter” business, but that’s where we’re at these days. We are not one of your media darlings, so calls and emails from us at the Chuck and Kelly show on WGY have largely gone unreturned for the last 10 years. Here’s the thing: when I contact your office, it’s not for me. It’s because I’m relaying very real and valid issues brought to us by concerned Upstate New Yorkers. Yes, I said Upstate New Yorkers because you and I both know there is a difference.

Since you have never responded to invitations to come on our show, dating back to day 1 in office, let me introduce you to our audience. You may think we are “The RUSH Station” and all of the aspersions that carries with it. But the reality is that our show, from 5:30 to 9 am, is a non-partisan, fair, broad, topical show that ranges from the silly to the serious. We welcome opinions from all sides and do our best to present issues in a way that allows people to form their own opinions, while also sharing our own. Our listeners don’t all fall on one side or the other. They are educated, and above all, they CARE. They care about what’s happening in their community, their state and their nation. They are among the most generous people I have ever had the chance to meet or work with. Our listeners have never failed to step up and do their part to support others in the Capital Region, whether is raising money for the Children’s Hospital or our own grassroots campaign for less fortunate kids at Christmas. They amaze me with their generosity. Even when they don’t have it to give, they find a way.

These are the people who listen to our show.

These are also the people who are now locked in their homes and out of work. They have been staying home, like you have asked. They are homeschooling their children, like you have asked. They are canceling birthdays, weddings, funerals, surgeries, family vacations, graduations, proms, first communions, confirmations and bar/bat mitzvahs, like you have asked. They are now sucking it up and wearing masks, like you have asked. They have flattened the curve… like you have asked.

And in return, questions THEY have asked, have gone unanswered. They have reached out to us to ask questions for them, we have relayed them to your office, and we have not even been given the courtesy of a “We’ll look into it and get back to you” BS reply.

Over the past 6 weeks, they have asked us why you have refused to take a Cohoes company up on their offer to help build low cost ventilators with locally sourced materials, at a time when the need was climbing rapidly and you were begging for help. They asked us why you ignored an offer from Remington Arms to help provide PPE for front line workers, when they had the space and access to materials? They asked us why you ignored a Clifton Park business owner’s offer to obtain a million N95 masks when health care workers were being told to reuse the same masks over and over and over, when it was unsafe for them and their patients?

And now they want to know why the state is sitting on a massive stockpile of PPE tucked away in warehouses across the state, while some front line workers STILL can’t get them. Some ambulance companies, nursing home workers and ARC workers have reached out to us personally because they can’t get enough N95 masks, yet as of April 15, there were more than 2.3 MILLION of them sitting there. I have contacted your office multiple times, and gotten the same response I have gotten all along: crickets. These are people who are putting their own health on hold and risking their families’ health to help others. They are asking for YOUR HELP and they aren’t even getting the courtesy of a reply.

I don’t know how else to help our listeners when our efforts to advocate for them fall on deaf ears, because you have your media favorites and we aren’t among them. 

But here’s how you CAN help. We have also heard from our listeners who want to know when we in Upstate NY can begin to emerge from our homes with caution. When will it be ok to see our loved ones again? None of us want to compromise the lives of others, but we have done our part and will continue to do so. We have done everything you asked, flattened the curve and passed the apex. Now it’s time to come up with a reasonable reentry plan for Upstate. Let’s start to open the valve, like you have mentioned in your daily briefings. According to your latest power point presentation, we have less than 6% of the statewide hospitalizations. We are not in danger of overwhelming our healthcare facilities. We are now giving ventilators away to other states. Let’s protect and isolate our at risk population,while slowly allowing people to get back to work so they can pay their mortgages and put food on their tables. This is now becoming just as much of a mental health concern as a public health issue.

But I don’t expect a reply. Those PPE will continue to sit in warehouses by the millions while EMTs and nursing home workers reuse their rations more times than is safe. We will continue to sit in our Upstate homes, hostage to NYC statistics. And we at WGY will continue to ask the same questions, even though we don’t ever get a response. We do it because we are committed to our listeners and our community while most of the time they feel you aren’t.

Sincerely,

Kelly Lynch

Chuck & Kelly, 810 and 103.1 WGY

[email protected]

"In our personal lives, decision-making involves weighing costs against benefits. Businessmen make the same calculation if they want to stay in business. It’s an entirely different story for politicians running the government where any benefit, however minuscule, is often deemed to be worth any cost, however large."

"The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that 40,000 Americans lose their lives each year because of highway fatalities. Virtually all those lives could be saved with a mandated 5 mph speed limit. Fortunately, we consider costs and rightfully conclude that saving those 40,000 lives aren’t worth the costs and inconvenience of a 5 mph mandate."

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/04/22/examining-costs-vs-benefits-and-covid-19/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=examining-costs-vs-benefits-and-covid-19?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningBell&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTTJFME5qTmhNR1E0Tm1VMSIsInQiOiJuOG9oMDI5ZzRuUjA1RjI1Zm9YMVI1WVVrUmxLSWVaVnhSd0JGQ0RaUjlOZUdyY1BtNUI1MzRiMnRCeEVjWVg2WmhEbUdXdnF3WHNBbXJteE95NWQ1VEJMWlpwMmJJVkEzSTI3OGRySm1rNmE3MHVIMlNQcUhGeituWEVZQlNLVCJ9

"The absolute worst part of the COVID-19 pandemic, and possibly its most unrecoverable damage, is the massive power that Americans have given to their federal, state, and local governments to regulate our lives in the name of protecting our health. Taking back that power should be the most urgent component of our recovery efforts."

"It’s going to be challenging; once a politician, and his bureaucracy, gains power, he will fight tooth and nail to keep it."

On 4/20/2020 at 6:29 PM, Rattler said:

BTW Lefty, you do realize the entire country doesn't have to re-open all at once right?  Places like Detroit can stay closed.  Nobody is saying open the country without regard for universal precautions.

Rattler and Cuomo stand side by side in agreement of reopening NYS!!

(do you like my sensationalized headline lol)

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/coronavirus-cuomo-newyork-opening/2020/04/21/id/964037/

Edited by diplomat019
  • Haha 1

Cuomo is not doing a good job.  Where are the state layoffs?  How will he recoup the billions in revenue the state would have gotten from taxes when the crises is over?  There's only one way, raise all the taxes on us.  NY was near bankruptcy prior to this crises with high levels of unfunded public liabilities.  He thinks the Fed will bail out NY with a check.  That won't happen.

Yet he tells us we have to suffer.  We lose income with no way to recoup the losses.

https://patriotpost.us/articles/70198-video-cuomo-ignores-concerns-of-economic-hardship-2020-04-25?utm_campaign=debounce&utm_content=read_more&utm_medium=web&utm_source=patriotpost.us

On 4/20/2020 at 10:00 PM, Rattler said:

A man who's tag is "Left Field" is Lefty to me.

This seems like a good time to let you know he calls himself that because he’s left handed not because of politics. 

Im not reading any of the copy and paste crap you do. You would be a complete bore to talk to in person because you couldn’t copy and paste your way into any semblance of an intelligent conversation. 

8 hours ago, Doewhacker said:

This seems like a good time to let you know he calls himself that because he’s left handed not because of politics. 

Im not reading any of the copy and paste crap you do. You would be a complete bore to talk to in person because you couldn’t copy and paste your way into any semblance of an intelligent conversation. 

He may be left handed but his politics are certainly left of center. 

I love how people make assumptions without any experience.  A lot of folks left of center seem to do that. 

I couldn't care less what you read.  It's your loss.  I agree though, it would be impossible for me to have an intelligent conversation with you, but not because I wouldn't be capable of speaking intelligently.

Plus the fact you don't seem to be capable of intelligently addressing anything I post, preferring to spew venom because your frustrated about it.  I pity you.

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I have never liked Prince Andy but he said something that I agree with . NYS gets less back from the Government than it pays out . Mitch McConnell's state of Kentucky gets more Federal money back than it pays out . Something stinks.

The main reason for the imbalance, particularly in the top four states, is that those places are home to some of the highest household incomes in the country. Therefore, they pay more in federal taxes, which doesn't necessarily equate to more federal money for services.  Keep in mind, Democrats like Cuomo, are the one's always calling for the rich to pay more in federal taxes, calling it their "fair share".

The federal government generates revenue from sources like income and employment taxes and redistributes it based on need. And not all states benefit equally.  Money from the federal government is redistributed back to states in the form of grants, aid programs for the needy and payments to major government contracting firms such as defense companies.  

The states receiving the most from Washington on a per capita basis tend to have relatively large poor populations that depend on federal assistance programs like SNAP (formerly known as food stamps) and Medicaid. 

On the flip side, the states that give more to the federal government than they receive tend to have higher income residents. Exceptions include states like Maryland and Virginia, which, though they are wealthier states, also benefit from disproportionately high federal funding partly due to their large defense contracting sectors.  

The fact of the matter remains, the federal government's legal obligation to fund programs for poor people, requires it to send more money to states with more poor people.  Which political party is responsible for the vast majority of the laws that force the federal government to send more money to poor states?  The same party that has Governors now complaining they don't get as much back as they put in.  Basically, they passed laws to do what they are now complaining isn't fair to them.

The most interesting point concerning federal money to states is the fact it is intended to supplement state's needs to assist the poor, not provide a bail out to states that have overspent on public employee salaries, benefits and pension entitlements, especially when the pensions are severely underfunded by the state itself.  States with high unfunded liabilities have self inflicted financial difficulty. 

The fact these states threw taxpayer dollars at public employees to buy their votes, does not give them a right to request the federal government force other financially sound states to supplement their fiscal and political mismanagement.

However, Cuomo would like nothing more than to convince the gullible that it does.

15 hours ago, Doewhacker said:

Yes, I am left handed, but the name comes from when I was 14 and my father took me to have my first suit made. When the tailor was measuring my inseam he asked if I dressed to the left or the right. I had no idea what he was talking about. Then he pointed to my crotch. I quickly caught on. I dress to the left.  

6 hours ago, Rattler said:

He may be left handed but his politics are certainly left of center. 

As I've explained a few times, I don't limit myself to political descriptors. I am conservative on this and liberal on that. Mostly in the middle.

Why is that so difficult to understand?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Rattler said:

I love how people make assumptions without any experience.  A lot of folks left of center seem to do that. 

Isn't that in itself an assumption?  Actually, that's worst.  That's stereotyping.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's not an assumption.  It's an observation based on personal life experience, as well as the post it was directed at.  Truth often is the source of stereotypes.  And since I said "a lot of folks"  as opposed to all of them, it doesn't qualify as a stereotype at all.  Nice try though.

Edited by Rattler

Well, well, well....States are finally looking into saving taxpayers some money by laying off non-essential state workers.  Or are they?

https://patriotpost.us/articles/70142-economic-devastation-demands-government-downsizing-2020-04-23?mailing_id=5011&utm_medium=email&utm_source=pp.email.5011&utm_campaign=digest&utm_content=body