Ammo and Gun Sales

My wife and I took a ride to the Allegheny National Forest to spend some time out of the house. It was a really nice drive, we spent a lot of time talking and thinking back in the many miles we spent riding the Harleys through norther PA and the many years we spent with the kids on dirt bikes and atvs in the National forest. A really nice day. Well it turned into a great day when we drove north out of Warren on 62 and saw that Tall Tails guns was open! I called them from the lot as it looked dark I side, he said “order whatever you want online and we’ll bring it out!” They are even allowing one customer at a time inside to browse if you don’t know what you are looking for. I bought some turkey ammo, Yes they are selling guns.

If you are In WNY and feel like taking a drive they are open and selling. They do ship too.

Just bought I would share in case anyone is in looking for something.

D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Yes the National Forest was open, not sure how they could close it,(NY state park was open as well)the steams in PA had some fishermen in the popular areas but not crowded at all. It seemed like the camping areas were popular with bikers and walkers. Although gated, there were cars parked at the entrances to the campgrounds.

We packed a cooler and stopped for lunch and let the dog run a round for a bit at one of the trailheads we used to ride. We were never in close proximity to anyone else.

• Like 1

My wife and I took a ride to the Allegheny National Forest to spend some time out of the house. It was a really nice drive, we spent a lot of time talking and thinking back in the many miles we spent riding the Harleys through norther PA and the many years we spent with the kids on dirt bikes and atvs in the National forest. A really nice day. Well it turned into a great day when we drove north out of Warren on 62 and saw that Tall Tails guns was open! I called them from the lot as it looked dark I side, he said “order whatever you want online and we’ll bring it out!” They are even allowing one customer at a time inside to browse if you don’t know what you are looking for. I bought some turkey ammo, Yes they are selling guns.

If you are In WNY and feel like taking a drive they are open and selling. They do ship too.

Just bought I would share in case anyone is in looking for something.

D

Their website says they won’t ship ammo to ny ?

• Confused 1

Their website says they won’t ship ammo to ny ?

I’m sorry, didn’t know. I asked the guy when he brought my stuff out to the truck and he said yes they ship. Should have known.

I’m sorry, didn’t know. I asked the guy when he brought my stuff out to the truck and he said yes they ship. Should have known.

It’s all good I have 1k rounds of 5.56 coming tomorrow

18 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

If you don't mind saying, who are you ordering from that ships to NY....?

From my recent searches 

Budsguns.com

SWFA.com

Targetsportsusa.com

Gunbroker.com

before making a purchase pay attention to the shipping charges some are way higher than others. I ordered from SWFA.com at the end of March and while it was slow I did get what I ordered. I also just placed another order through budsguns.com so we shall see how that goes.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

From my recent searches 

Budsguns.com

SWFA.com

Targetsportsusa.com

Gunbroker.com

before making a purchase pay attention to the shipping charges some are way higher than others. I ordered from SWFA.com at the end of March and while it was slow I did get what I ordered. I also just placed another order through budsguns.com so we shall see how that goes.

SWFA is odd.  I ordered two different brands of 204 on the same order.  One brand was shipped and received while the other I was told had to be shipped to an FFL due to NY ammo laws.  I cancelled that part of the order. 

For what its worth, the brand that was not sent was being dropped shipped from the manufacturer so maybe they declined to ship it but the email advising me came from SWFA.

Buds and Targetsports have never been an issue for me.  They ship.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Don_C said:

I placed an order with Target Sports in March, still haven’t received it.

Youre not the only one.. certain items other people i know havent received either from Targetsportsusa.. while they got other orders from them quickly

Youre not the only one.. certain items other people i know havent received either from Targetsportsusa.. while they got other orders from them quickly

I was told a lot of it depends on weather your order was one or multiple items. Single item orders are shipping faster as they are earlier to fulfill

7 hours ago, Chef said:

I was told a lot of it depends on weather your order was one or multiple items. Single item orders are shipping faster as they are earlier to fulfill

Who told you that? I haven't been able to get in touch with them. I wanted to cancel the order yesterday. $100 for 15 turkey shells is hard enough to swallow. Arriving in 6 weeks and after the opener is just a piss off.