Northern Zone Region 6

tughillhunter

About a week ago at 3:30pm I saw a big 6 walk out of the woods and start walking to a group of 5 does about 100 yards away , he could have just been going after the apples they were eating. Yesterday at 1:45pm I saw a 3 point eating on the side of the road with 2 does eating about 250-300 yards away, he didn't seem to have any interest in them. Both sightings were in 6a. Neither was near where I hunt. No signs whatsoever in my hunting location.

I saw a couple bucks chasing does tonight....first time I've seen that this year. I thought I was going to fill my tag with one of them. He was a big, tall 8, but unfortunately didn't offer me a clean shot. He was only 40 yards away, but in the brush. I'm hopeful we'll meet up again.

I've seen a couple smaller bucks chasing does. The ladies aren't too receptive just yet and watched one old girl rear up on her hind legs and slap the snot out of a small spike a couple nights ago. I haven't seen anything older than a 1.5 year old chasing. Seems like they're always the first to chase.