It's not about your health

What I do not understand is our local politicians who run on the Republican ticket, are no where to be found voicing there disagreements with Cuomo.  Or are they all on the same page?

Today in Chemung county Lowe's was shut down do to not following the social distancing order by the department of health. The county sheriff's emptied the store and barricaded it off.

• Like 1

The death rates which are great in NYC area are not a disputed matter and sad for the families and loved ones..

The numbers are generated off only the people that are tested which makes the death rate totals not accurate and much higher than the actual numbers of people infected and the a symptomatic number of infections which is much greater and which we may never know the actual numbers will make the death percentage numbers much lower for this virus because they are not included in the ratio..

All that said Im not trying to discount the issue or the many who have lost loved ones to this tragedy.. 

• Like 1

There is plenty of evidence to prove the death rates are being manipulated to increase the numbers.  People who die from totally unrelated medical problems are tested post mortem and if positive, are added to the numbers.

Why would we even test dead people when we don't have enough tests to go around now?

Why claim they died from the virus when they showed no signs of having it?

If you are killed in a car crash and they test your body to find it was positive, they will add that to the numbers too. 

It's all about the numbers, and the numbers mean money to the state government from the fed.

I hope several people get lawyers and sue the crap out of this ,executive orders ,no representation, just like most of fdr programs to get the usa out of the depression most were found unconstitutional, most of this will be found the same I'm sure

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, G-Man said:

I hope several people get lawyers and sue the crap out of this ,executive orders ,no representation, just like most of fdr programs to get the usa out of the depression most were found unconstitutional, most of this will be found the same I'm sure

I hope groups of healthcare workers file lawsuits against dumbasses who ignore the stay-at-home orders and mask rules and increase the spread of the virus to healthcare workers and others.

You mean sue to support unconstitutional government over reach? 

First they would have to prove it is actually a threat to everyone.  Current evidence is starting to look as if it's only a threat to elderly, immunodeficient people and generally unhealthy or obese individuals.  If so, the state lock downs were the same as locking up the Japanese during WWII.

The states will most likely be sued for damages to businesses with their orders.

8 hours ago, Rattler said:

There is plenty of evidence to prove the death rates are being manipulated to increase the numbers.  People who die from totally unrelated medical problems are tested post mortem and if positive, are added to the numbers.

Why would we even test dead people when we don't have enough tests to go around now?

Why claim they died from the virus when they showed no signs of having it?

If you are killed in a car crash and they test your body to find it was positive, they will add that to the numbers too. 

It's all about the numbers, and the numbers mean money to the state government from the fed.

I believe you don't need a test kit if you're already dead.  At least not the same test that a living person goes though.  They perform a biopsy on the lungs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Because I looked it up and found it immediately on the CDC website...sorry, it wasn't a meme that he copy and pasted....

OK, provide the facts so we don't think you are posting lies.  Seems we've been over this before.

Well, this seems to say they are using test kits first.  It does state tissue samples can be taken and submitted to the CDC as well, but this info indicates test kits are being used first.

If an autopsy is performed for a suspected COVID-19 case, collection of the following postmortem specimens is recommended:

• Postmortem swab specimens for COVID-19 testing:
    • Upper respiratory tract swab: Nasopharyngeal Swab (NP swab)
    • Lower respiratory tract swab: Lung swab from each lung
  • Separate swab specimens for testing of other respiratory pathogens and other postmortem testing, as indicated
  • Formalin-fixed autopsy tissues from lung, upper airway, and other major organs

If an autopsy is NOT performed for a suspected COVID-19 case, collection of the following postmortem specimens is recommended:

• Postmortem Nasopharyngeal Swab (NP swab) specimen for COVID-19 testing
  • Separate NP swab for testing of other respiratory pathogens
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Well, this seems to say they are using test kits first.  It does state tissue samples can be taken and submitted to the CDC as well, but this info indicates test kits are being used first.

If an autopsy is performed for a suspected COVID-19 case, collection of the following postmortem specimens is recommended:

• Postmortem swab specimens for COVID-19 testing:
    • Upper respiratory tract swab: Nasopharyngeal Swab (NP swab)
    • Lower respiratory tract swab: Lung swab from each lung
  • Separate swab specimens for testing of other respiratory pathogens and other postmortem testing, as indicated
  • Formalin-fixed autopsy tissues from lung, upper airway, and other major organs

If an autopsy is NOT performed for a suspected COVID-19 case, collection of the following postmortem specimens is recommended:

• Postmortem Nasopharyngeal Swab (NP swab) specimen for COVID-19 testing
  • Separate NP swab for testing of other respiratory pathogens

I stand corrected, I don't think I read it right the first time. It does appear they are using kits, I assume the same one. 

Feel free to put another notch in your belt in that one Rattler :)

Edited by Splitear_Leland

It does look like states are prioritizing testing the living over deceased in terms of giving tests, which would lead to an undercount of positive people who have died. 

Lots of stories out there about this, so feel free to dig deeper than this CNN article...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/06/health/coronavirus-coroners-uncounted-deaths-invs/index.html

Plenty of information out there that the numbers are not exaggerated even though there aren't enough tests and are actually undercounted...I guess it depends on who you want to believe.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/17/fact-check-covid-19-death-toll-likely-undercounted-not-overcounted/2973481001/

Edited by Splitear_Leland

2 minutes ago, Rattler said:

It also appears not all countries are counting deaths the same way, which makes the US rate seem higher.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/feds-classify-all-coronavirus-patient-deaths-as-covid-19-deaths/

That article reads like most of the experts believe we are doing it the right way in the face of not having enough tests.