Good deal on Rem. Premier CopperSolid sabot slugs

Hey all. I recently picked up a cantilever barrel for my 1187 so I had to go out and buy some different brands of sabot slugs to see which is going to group best. Anyway Dicks Sporting Goods has Remington Premier CopperSolid's - $3.00 off per box plus there is a Remington mail-in rebate for $5.00 off per box which makes this box of five which normally costs $15.99, cost you only $7.98! Remington offer is also good on Core-Lokt, Premier Centerfire, and Nitro-Steel HV Shotshells, for various rebate amounts.

Also Cabelas is running a great sale on sabot slugs right now if you don't mind paying for the shipping.

Have a good season!

The copper solids are also pretty light weight-wise for the gauge...5/8 for 20 gauge. Stil...I picked some up this year to tinker with in one of my guns since they were so cheap after the rebate. Only 4 per household though for the rebate.

Im speaking out of experience. I even pulled a slug out of the ground last year that didnt expand, even after going into the ground. I never said no blood trail, I said light blood trail. I have heard the same thing from others that use them as well. Like I said, I hope you have better luck with them.

BTW, they arent 1 inch in diameter. A 12 ga bore is less than 3/4", then the slug is wrapped in the plastic sabot, which means the slug is even smaller than the 12 ga bore.

Thanks. Bought a few more boxes today as well as a few boxes of Hornady SST which are on sale at Dicks now for $ 9.98. It'll be interesting to see how well they group. Then I'll have to pick up some Rem. Accu tips and check them out.

Make sure to post up your results with each. I got great groups with the SSTs, and am looking forward to seeing how the Accutips do in my gun. Id be interested to see the results you get as well.