Live From The Woods 2020 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

5 minutes ago, crappyice said:

You are getting a little too use to the life of WNY...ummm...quarantine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually I have been the model citizen! Everyone should be proud. Unlike many of those WNYers, the last time I was physically in a store was March 28th at Lowe's. Today I took daughter to 3-month checkup, but otherwise have not been in a store since 3/28.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

17acd814972165999f42f33443c4afce.jpg

Let’s effing go!

Undecided gun or bow for 5/1, but I’ll be out there

i sealed the deal with one of those on opening day last year.  On the tail of a turkey as he was jumping from 3 different fields.  Snuck up on edge of field where he was strutting as i got rid of my pack and had that call in my pocket.  A couple of light yelps and dumped him at 8 yards! I have a box call i use but i stick that in my pocket - if i think they are close so they wont see movement or if they are just out of range to try to bring them in with a little light yelp.  

• Like 1

17acd814972165999f42f33443c4afce.jpg&key=dcac9e8051076454b5b89f48d683ea49040bb885526f3156d17775cafe3782ce

Let’s effing go!

That is probably the most under utilized call for a madden turkey hunter! You can make sweet music with a push pin and anyone can use it. That’s the call I recommend for every beginner.

There’s an old timer that lives in my town that hunts with a H&R single shot 20ga with a modified barrel and a push pin call and I don’t think he’s ever eaten a turkey tag in my life time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

17acd814972165999f42f33443c4afce.jpg

Let’s effing go!

I killed my first turkey with a push button call like that one. I remember it like it was yesterday even though it was 1997. I wasn't really sure what I was doing at all. It ended up being a jake that came in all by himself. Getting him really lit my fire for turkey hunting for the next 10 years or so. 

• Like 1

Thanks all but I can’t take credit for the push call. [mention]turkeyfeathers [/mention] told me what to buy given my limited experience and probaly just 1 day attempt

You trust a guy named Turkeyfeathers for such a venture?!? I bet you listen to growalot for gardening advice too?!? And the Jerkman for ...well....THAT advice!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You trust a guy named Turkeyfeathers for such a venture?!? I bet you listen to growalot for gardening advice too?!? And the Jerkman for ...well....THAT advice!

You can't beat my meat!

Call Me The Teflon Don

good luck today everyone on their youth hunts.

everyone is stirring around here at camp and gavin and I are getting ready to head out as we have a hike ahead of us..

guns are patterned, birds have been scouted, kids are excited,  clear and chilly out.

hoping for a good gobbling morning and hoping to bring the Pa youth season in with a bang.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, reeltime said:

good luck today everyone on their youth hunts.

everyone is stirring around here at camp and gavin and I are getting ready to head out as we have a hike ahead of us..

guns are patterned, birds have been scouted, kids are excited,  clear and chilly out.

hoping for a good gobbling morning and hoping to bring the Pa youth season in with a bang.

Good luck Lee and Gavin 

1 hour ago, reeltime said:

Bird 1 down. Addison scored
Gavin has passed up 7 Jake's so far123d9536e17e9ec32e047b33c0d86044.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Congrats Addison.  Way to go.  Your smile is almost as big as the fan.  

Gavin, keep at young man.  

Well gavin couldn't contain his trigger finger after we moved and I called in jake I 9 and 10. So he just shot his first jake after 4 or 5 long beards. Gotta tag him up and go grab the youngest kid to try for her first.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

• Like 10