Live From The Woods 2020 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

Going tomorrow morning out close to my house. Ontario county weather report is calling 20 %rain in the morning. The only thing I am taking within me is a mouth call because I don’t want my stuff getting soak on the first day of the season . Good luck to those going out tomorrow morning. 

• Like 1

So I had Aaron (AKA Liquidonyx), over to pattern his scatter gun.  The Longbeard 6's won over the 5's. We drove past one of the fields we can hunt, and there were two longbeard's by themselves heading to the woods. 

We headed to a spot where there's usually birds roosted. Had a doe within 20 yrds, but heard or seen nothing in that area.  I talked to the landowner afterwards, and he said there's always birds up in those fields strutting.  He even mention they have been seeing a while deer up there frequently.  

Aaron can't hunt tomorrow, but we'll be out there Saturday.  

This is his 30 yrd target. 40 was decent, but definitely his max distance. 

IMG_20200430_182738559.jpg

Edited by mowin
  • Like 1

Have any of you guys worn through a crystal call? Ive been trying to condition this call that ive been using for the last 6 years and I keep getting a high pitch squeaking sound. Good thing I have a mouth call I can use instead. I ordered a new pot call just in case, but Its not coming till may 13th. I gotta stop leaving things till last minute 

7 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Have any of you guys worn through a crystal call? Ive been trying to condition this call that ive been using for the last 6 years and I keep getting a high pitch squeaking sound. Good thing I have a mouth call I can use instead. I ordered a new pot call just in case, but Its not coming till may 13th. I gotta stop leaving things till last minute 

Can't say I've ever worn one out.  But I'm going in tomorrow with mouth calls only.  Too dam wet. 

• Like 1