Live From The Woods 2020 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

Heard some birds fly down out of my pines at 620 no gobbles though. Haven’t seen any yet but heard a few shots in the distance.  Seems like it’s clearing up little sun poking thru 

i feel like this waiting for everyone to lite up this thread!  good luck folks and congrats to ones already tagged.  Saw lots of birds out on way to work.  And one poor guy hunting and birds fanned out across the road from him.  giphy.gif&key=dd0aaf49de388e290538ab0328c8bf3ca502002da2e2b7a2b911443ea3812972

If you can see a turkey hunter from your truck, he’s doing something wrong haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I am not really sure what happened. Had that Tom in the field for at least an hour. Never would come closer than about 100-125 yds. Then he just ran out of here like a coyote was chasing him. Wondering if he caught glare of my binos. Oh well, 5 more hours to go. Time for a snack.

• Like 2

I think laughter may have screwed up my hunt but it was totally worth it. Me and my long time buddy went out behind my house to a blind I built a long time ago. We snuck in ok and pretty quiet. We got in and sat in our fold out chairs. We heard his rip a little but figured it would be ok. After about a half an hour the bottom gave out and he went flying ass first through the chair and got stuck. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. Turns out there was a turkey roosted pretty close and I'm sure it was spooked by us as when it flew down it coasted out quite a ways and never made a peep. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Slow start to the morning.  We walked to top of the mountain and didn't hear anything.  So we drop down over the edge and walked around to the other side into a gully.  We were just sitting there thenow boom 2 let out at 700 still sound like in the trees.  So we set up and 2 birds turned out to be at least 3-4 going nuts.  Then we had one gobble way out past them and that was it never made another peep.  Good to hear some though.  Back in for food then going to another piece. Congrats to those that tagged one.

Sat until about 7, saw nothing heard nothing. Checked my camera down by the creek and heard a gobble. 2 toms strutting on the neighbors property for almost an hour. They had 2 hens with them. Got them to gobble 2 more times but never budged. Big ole beaver in the creek sees me and splashes it's tail. Birds stop strutting and stare in my direction. By the 3rd slap of the beaver tail they were gone. Never really had a chance at them anyway. No way the were gonna cross a flooded creek to come to my calling

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

I've got a Tom back in the field. Not sure if it is the same one as earlier. He is about 200 yds and has been for 45 minutes. He just won't settle for the decoys not coming to him I guess. Hoping he gives up and strolls over 150+ yds