Live From The Woods 2020 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

26 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I got a last minute invite to hunt with a friend on his lease, which is PRIME turkey ground....It used to belong to my brother in law years ago...

He had a blind set up on the end of a corn stubble field...

ZERO roost gobbling, from a spot where on a decent morning you might hear 5 or six gobblers...

After flydown, we started to hear a faint gobble now and then but distant enough that it was hard to tell even what direction it was in...I let my friend do all the calling, since it was his ground, and he was very good with mouth calls, pots and a box...

Finally, we heard a gobble that sounded close enough to do business with....

Three longboards came in,  and they all looked about the same size to me...He was busy filming the hunt, and when I dropped one, he could have easily killed another one, if he had his gun in his hand rather than the camera...

19 pounds,  10 inch beard, 1" spurs..A solid 3 year old and a nice way to get the pressure off early in the season.. 7:45 AM...

I'm looking VERY much forward to hunting with Moog on MY ground in the morning, hoping to help him get his first gobbler..

Congrats Dan!  Sounds like a good hunt. 

Looking forward to seeing Moog hero pics tomorrow

35 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I got a last minute invite to hunt with a friend on his lease, which is PRIME turkey ground....It used to belong to my brother in law years ago...

He had a blind set up on the end of a corn stubble field...

ZERO roost gobbling, from a spot where on a decent morning you might hear 5 or six gobblers...

After flydown, we started to hear a faint gobble now and then but distant enough that it was hard to tell even what direction it was in...I let my friend do all the calling, since it was his ground, and he was very good with mouth calls, pots and a box...

Finally, we heard a gobble that sounded close enough to do business with....

Three longboards came in,  and they all looked about the same size to me...He was busy filming the hunt, and when I dropped one, he could have easily killed another one, if he had his gun in his hand rather than the camera...

19 pounds,  10 inch beard, 1" spurs..A solid 3 year old and a nice way to get the pressure off early in the season.. 7:45 AM...

I'm looking VERY much forward to hunting with Moog on MY ground in the morning, hoping to help him get his first gobbler..

Way to go, congrats Dan!

Congratulations to all the successful hunters!  I hunted the first three and a half hours today.  Had a hen hanging around for over an hour, at one point she was 6’ from the blind.  Talking the whole time.  My buddy stayed right until noon and danced with a gobbler late in the day, but did not seal the deal.  

Back out tomorrow!  Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

If every turkey hunter had this one device the turkey take would skyrocket to levels never seen before. It might even effect the bag limit in future seasons 1a441781b825481a6216d1c21ed6adab.jpg&key=121403809dd06cdd5ab3fc645c9dbd23ff5e50a75344e087e2be404be41df0ab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have one for every box call. Before that I used a large HD rubber band. They're gold. Before the rubber bands I got busted by longbeards moving often. Little odd chirp would get their attention at the wrong time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just decided I’m going in the am!! Not sure if I’ll take the first beard or hold out. That will be game time decision but I’m excited to hopefully hear them t-off from the roost!! Gl all

Moog is due in about 50 minutes.....

Plucked a tick off my belly last night....The one thing I didn't get around to doing was to douche up my clothes with peremethrine….  

Good luck to all this morning  !!..  I'm hoping to get some action for the Big Chooch !!….

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Moog is due in about 50 minutes.....

Plucked a tick off my belly last night....The one thing I didn't get around to doing was to douche up my clothes with peremethrine….  

Good luck to all this morning  !!..  I'm hoping to get some action for the Big Chooch !!….

Yeah, one got me on the wrist, had to pick another off my neck.  Can't find the damn thermacell either!

f491664d2e12f8f6d11ffba37725c604.jpg&key=1f1aa5e9dfac52818c00b788a1098b00468510e0be3e6cfa893024da877c52e5

3N: Gonna be 67 today and 75 toMorrow but only 48 right now and strong winds. 550am sunrise, 520am shooting time. LFG!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobbles from 2 birds same general
Direction. Downhill from 528am till 6am. Nothing since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1