Live From The Woods 2020 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

40 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Going to have at it again in morning with daughter. All bets are off. 

At the rate the neighbors are shooting birds you guys should be the only ones with tags left. I have a feeling tomorrow is the day , keep your finger on the tactacam.

• Like 3

Third day in a row on this bird could have killed him Monday morning but it wouldn't separate from a satellite so I passed on the shot and the birds got spooked by another Hunter. Yesterday morning he hung up at 50 yards i already passed up three two year olds and I just didn't feel right shooting at 50. So this morning I left the truck at 3 a.m. ease back in got low on hardwood Ridge by 430 had birds Goblin all around me but I finally heard his distinctive Hollow gobble when it was light enough to I think they would be comfortable on the ground I did a fly down with a handmade real wingfeather wing do really soft clucks on the bomber call set it down he was like a B-52 coming in for a landing his feet hit the ground at 25 yards and I could tell by the crappy beard he had it was the right Bird ended my season for New Yorka9de4789a3e61396a81ca8ab26f6ee4b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

• Like 22

Just got into work. Met my hunting buddy and his two kids at 4:30 this morning. Not sure if it was his kids moving all over the place or not but we didn't hear a single Turkey this morning. That's more what I expected out of Turkey hunting....lol

2 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

6th day of Hunting with Cynthia. We only heard 2 Far off Gobblers. They both Gobbled 3 times max and that was it.   Now early on around 5.30am or so, I was Snapping out every few minutes a Double series of 2  fairly high Clucks.  They must have sounded great as 2 Spring Hunters Slyly made their way up a muddy Trail. I saw them and Yelled out- H-U-N-T-E-R!  I had to tell it out again. One of the Hunters saw Cynthia.  The 2 Smartly Stopped and retraced their Steps on out that Trail to try another area.     We will try a Different area Tomorrow.

I always have my surefire flashlight handy to zing an unexpected hunter. Woods were dead this morning. I may take up knitting instead 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1