Live From The Woods 2020 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

Sorry to read about your wife's fall. A couple years ago, my wife insisted on relocating our washer/dryer to somewhere upstairs. We voted on it and although the vote was 1 for and 1 against. I lost, but afterwards, I was glad we did the relocation. One less potential tripping/falling scenario to deal with in the future. Hope she heals up well..
So much better having it on the bedroom level. Now you don't have to lug all your shit downstairs then back up. It's easily a billion times better

Call Me The Teflon Don

5 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Tapped out at 10:30.  Had a lb at 30’.  Too bad is was 1/2 mile from our set up. Guns unloaded and almost to truck. It was hunkered down under a blow down. Scared the crud out of us as it flushed . And it’s snowing here. 

If this was a normal year youd head to breakfast! I hate 2020

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Otto said:

Cloudy, but dry here,  Out at 11:15.   Not sure about tomorrow.  Sunday only half a day as  I need to make Eggs Benedict for my wife!

Love that! I ordered them at Ohare airport once and they were purple. I said what the heck is this and they said "Oh thats our take on eggs benedict, they have burgundy wine in them". They were disgusting. People should leave perfect things alone

• Like 1

Love that! I ordered them at Ohare airport once and they were purple. I said what the heck is this and they said "Oh thats our take on eggs benedict, they have burgundy wine in them". They were disgusting. People should leave perfect things alone

Like nymphing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

After reading about people having success on here from 10 to noon I gave it a shot....but like Yukon Cornelius on Rudolph when he licked the mineral hammer for silver or gold......Nothin! 

• Like 2

Well that wraps it up for me 8 days not one gobble. Only saw one hen in the wood and four on the roads. I did find a dead head today nice thick six.
81b3425b71d4dfb7d69333e97707e300.jpg
Congrats to all the successful and good luck everyone still hunting.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Lomax said:

After reading about people having success on here from 10 to noon I gave it a shot....but like Yukon Cornelius on Rudolph when he licked the mineral hammer for silver or gold......Nothin! 

i think it isn't preferred, but if you can't get out early it sure increases your odds vs on the couch.

Agreed I tried early 3 mornings so far til 11 nothin so worked early this morning til 10 then gave it shot til noon nothin again not gobblin.  Back to work and keep trying this weekend.  Maybe they are being pressured more by hunters w lots of folks off from work. They are very quiet around here 

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Lost so many yesterday cause I don’t even use an indicator! I HATE NYMPHING

I refuse to use a bobber while fly fishing.  I've threatened to shoot people's out of the water if they use one.  

It like going out to dinner at a fancy restaurant and bringing spam in your pocket. No. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lomax said:

Guy who lives behind the woods I hunt , goes out after breakfast so around 9 or so . He’s killed Toms every year I’ve hunted  there , which is 30 plus years , oh maybe not every year but most for sure . I’m sure hunting right behind ones house is an advantage as well .

• Like 1

Here is my take on early morning vs late morning turkey hunting.  You tend to hear more gobbling in the early morning.  Today's educated turkeys are generally less willing to come a running into hen yelping after fly down as compared to 20 years ago.  But I love being there, hearing the gobbling and watching the woods come alive.  Can't beat it!  These days I have more success early in the day by soft, soft calling in an attempt to coax the hens in, often dragging a gobbler in tow.  Later in the day, after the hens have mostly ditched the toms, I pay more attention to the single gobble I hear.  That is more likely to be a lonely gobbler and I'll cut the distance and call to him with some aggressive yelping.  Once he responds to that once or twice, I shut the hell up and just pay attention.  Just my opinion, but that is what has worked for me in recent years.

• Like 3