Live From The Woods 2020 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

Boy oh boy had birds almost  every day . Bill knows his shit . He had that bird gobbling for about 2 hours . He made him mad . L I'll lol we found him around 8.30 . Called and called he was coming closer and closer but then he crossed a trail and was walking away from us so we got to the top of the ridge . Bill called and called that dam lazy bird would not come back up the hill he was a fat lazy bird . So we finally moved around to were we thought he would come. Bill sat down about 40 yards from me . And I go all comfortably  . Here he comes . Bill chirped and he turned my way . Watched him fan out his tail . He gobbled . Then made himself all fluffy . He came under a fallen tree. And walk about 30 yards and I let him have it he dropped right where he stood.  Ran down and put my boot on his neck.  And yelled wooohoo . Lolol

20200514_103221.jpg

Edited by cynthiafu
  • Like 21

A big YAHOO !!  for Cynthia !  Way stick with it, and a dandy bird to boot !! Well done, Girlfriend  !!

Extra special cheers to Bill for  spending the time and determination to help a beginning turkey hunter learn the ropes...

She'll be hooked for life now....<<  HUGE Smile>>…...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Boy oh boy had birds almost  every day . Bill knows his shit . He had that bird gobbling for about 2 hours . He made him mad . L I'll lol we found him around 8.30 . Called and called he was coming closer and closer but then he crossed a trail and was walking away from us so we got to the top of the ridge . Bill called and called that dam lazy bird would not come back up the hill he was a fat lazy bird . So we finally moved around to were we thought he would come. Bill sat down about 40 yards from me . And I go all comfortably  . Here he comes . Bill chirped and he turned my way . Watched him fan out his tail . He gobbled . Then made himself all fluffy . He came under a fallen tree. And walk about 30 yards and I let him have it he dropped right where he stood.  Ran down and put my boot on his neck.  And yelled wooohoo . Lolol

20200514_103221.thumb.jpg.88f38c95fe42dc5ddadef802d27bd666.jpg

ATTA GIRL Cynthia and ATTTA BOY Billy!!! So happy for you both!

Did you try the “Step in his wings and pull” trick!!!! You may need to stand on Bill’s shoulders for that!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

20200514_103221.jpg

Congrats Cynthia.  Nice bird.  Glad you stuck with it and didn't get discouraged. 

Bill, nothing better than helping someone else get there first turkey.  A tip of the hat to you for giving your time so Cynthia could have this moment. 

• Thanks 1