Live From The Woods 2020 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

All quiet, until I just called in a hen...she walked in clucking and walked right up to behind the tree i was sitting against...then stepped out to the right of my tree about 5 yards away...saw me, knew something wasn't right, and quickly walked away. Wasn't too spooked, never putted or ran off, just walked away....pretty cool, love those close encounters. Now if a gobbler would play the game

Edited by JALA RUT
Typo
  • Like 4

Well I’m still stuck in Florida. Should get the go ahead from the doctor to leave in a week or so. Might make the last weekend.

But nephew #2 scored this morning. Same area Roxbury Township 4P. This time private land.

37 yard shot with the 870 I gave him. Old school Remington #6 3 1-2” Nitro’s. 

So proud of these kids driving 4 hours from Long Island keeping up the traditions of the family. Hunting and fishing. True outdoorsmen. 

3A623741-BC7B-405C-83C4-34CC71311479.jpeg

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, mike103 said:

Well I’m still stuck in Florida. Should get the go ahead from the doctor to leave in a week or so. Might make the last weekend.

But nephew #2 scored this morning. Same area Roxbury Township 4P. This time private land.

37 yard shot with the 870 I gave him. Old school Remington #6 3 1-2” Nitro’s. 

So proud of these kids driving 4 hours from Long Island keeping up the traditions of the family. Hunting and fishing. True outdoorsmen. 

3A623741-BC7B-405C-83C4-34CC71311479.jpeg

Nice . 

10 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

I walked in at 4am. I had a 1 1/2mile walk in.  I had a strong feeling where this Gobbler might be roosting. Right around 4.50am, I had to splash through a Flooded part of the Trail.   WHOOP- WHOOP- WHOOP-- wingbeats-- Heavy Wingbeats--.   Damn! I was too Close!  Spooked that Big ol Gobbler off his Roost.    Ended up walking for 3 1/2 hours. Heard Gobbling and then Real Hen Yelping. Silence...  Home. NAP!!!

I feel for you. I did the same thing last weekend. One step to far. 

No hunter for me this morning, but I'm going up to the property to look and listen...I'll probably be covered up in the damn things..Hehehe.. Good luck y'all….Hope Sam shoots that big one this morning...

• Like 1