Live From The Woods 2020 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

Screwed by having a decoy out AGAIN. Maybe now he will understand my statement of if the decoy is in the truck you know damn well it wasn't the decoy that boogered the bird.
I need to head to pa!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Buddy and I got set up super close to Tom and hen this morning.  He only gobbled 3 times on roost. The hen flew down first not far away. The Tom then proceeded to pitch out in the other direction and head straight away from us. Last I heard him he was about a mile away and pretty close to where we worked him last week when he was henned up.

Slept in and went out at 720. Busted setting up. Waited 1p to see if it really flew off. No response to my calls so got up to move. Busted again. Stupid move on my part. Should have been up early early!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Come on guys,  isn't anyone hunting this morning? This is my go to thread for Sunday morning reading while I'm out of town. I'm feeling left out.  

Sorry, it's my phone, it just updated, rant over!

Edited by 2012_taco
added text.

My day was just made! Saw a doe laying down about 150 yards away in the field. Then I noticed 2 very wet and wobbly fawns trying stand up! She's licking them and they are nursing too. Awesome sight! Going to sit here and keep an eye on them for a while, hope a turkey comes out to see it too!

• Like 11

Come on guys,  isn't anyone hunting this morning? This is my go to thread for Sunday morning reading while I'm out of town. I'm feeling left out.  
Sorry, it's my phone, it just updated, rant over!
I am but haven't heard a peep all day. Sadly

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I saw you mention those birds yesterday, how can you determine their age at 2 years? 

Just an assumption based on their idiocy.  And they're hanging in the same place as some jakes from last year.  Neither of them are particularly big, ropes of mediocre size.  I'd be happily surprised if I got one and he had 1"+ spurs though!

37 minutes ago, Otto said:

My day was just made! Saw a doe laying down about 150 yards away in the field. Then I noticed 2 very wet and wobbly fawns trying stand up! She's licking them and they are nursing too. Awesome sight! Going to sit here and keep an eye on them for a while, hope a turkey comes out to see it too!

What an amazing thing to see!

• Like 1

That's awesome, I would be good if I didnt see one after that.

• Like 1

Was going to go out and prospect, but then my little girl got in bed with me. Said daddy let's watch a movie. I only get her every other weekend. Turkey's will still be there in two weeks. Good luck everyone.

• Like 5

Figured I take a little stroll with the bow in 3S...kicked a huge bodied deer near where I enter, cross a little creek and see multiple turkey 75 yards away and walking slowly away through some tall grass. I figured my best bet would be to try and bust ass parallel to them and try to cut them off if they are headed where I think they are headed. Find a tree and set up behind it and hit the box call - sort of sounds like a sound a turkey would make?!? No response.

Would they return to the area where I originally move them from(presumably their roosting site)?Do I go back that way OR move deeper presuming I didn’t cut them off? OR don’t cut bait and slip out now to try and return another day pre-fly down- not looking to “jerky” out- just wondering if I would be pressuring them too much by staying here now when they know I am here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Figured I take a little stroll with the bow in 3S...kicked a huge bodied deer near where I enter, cross a little creek and see multiple turkey 75 yards away and walking slowly away through some tall grass. I figured my best bet would be to try and bust ass parallel to them and try to cut them off if they are headed where I think they are headed. Find a tree and set up behind it and hit the box call - sort of sounds like a sound a turkey would make?!? No response.

Would they return to the area where I originally move them from(presumably their roosting site)?Do I go back that way OR move deeper presuming I didn’t cut them off? OR don’t cut bait and slip out now to try and return another day pre-fly down- not looking to “jerky” out- just wondering if I would be pressuring them too much by staying here now when they know I am here

I'd just chill somewhere and see if they get loose from those hens.  Call for a minute or two once every half hour or so.

• Like 2

I think they will come back. I don't believe they feel pressure like deer

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Just an assumption based on their idiocy.  And they're hanging in the same place as some jakes from last year.  Neither of them are particularly big, ropes of mediocre size.  I'd be happily surprised if I got one and he had 1"+ spurs though!

The best way to know is to kill one. Not many people on here would ever pass an adult gobbler.