Live From The Woods 2020 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

I'm  in Farmersville today, had 3 jakes at 40 yds. LB behind them.  They worked around me and up the hill.  At 1 time i could have shot 3 birds,  damn LB never gave me a shot.  They all went up on posted land. Great to actually hear sone gobbling!

• Like 5

On 5/20/2020 at 6:55 AM, Merlot said:

Pretty shot. If you had the time, would be cool to go back get a picture this summer, this fall and in the winter, same location. Be a nice 4 portrait, 4 season wall hanging. 

i think it'd be cool if there was a licking branch and a scrape on that bush on the left too :) haha

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 2012_taco said:

I'm  in Farmersville today, had 3 jakes at 40 yds. LB behind them.  They worked around me and up the hill.  At 1 time i could have shot 3 birds,  damn LB never gave me a shot.  They all went up on posted land. Great to actually hear sone gobbling!

what's this posted land you speak of? I've never heard of such a thing during turkey season.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I wonder if @Lawdwaz killed his second turkey yet this year?

Yes he did.  Details tomorrow afternoon, I’m at my friends house and will be staying over tonight, he has some chores for me to help with. I’m whipped so bad now.......

5DEDEB4F-9AF9-44F4-9E14-27F14CF14A72.png

• Like 29

1 minute ago, Lawdwaz said:

Yes he did.  Details tomorrow afternoon, I’m at my friends house and will be staying over tonight, he has some chores for me to help with. I’m whipped so bad now.......

5DEDEB4F-9AF9-44F4-9E14-27F14CF14A72.png

Doubling down?? Nice Larry!! My son turned 12 today and had hoped to take him hunting and get him a bird (part of the reason i havent hunted much) but sadly he didn’t want to, said he just wants to hunt deer.

9 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Please tell me y’all ain’t relying only on me this morning to be in the turkey woods....only have a couple hours this morning, a little “deeper” in some 3S “woods”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daughter and I will keep you company.  Alls quiet so far.  

• Like 3

Doubling down?? Nice Larry!! My son turned 12 today and had hoped to take him hunting and get him a bird (part of the reason i havent hunted much) but sadly he didn’t want to, said he just wants to hunt deer.

I didn’t start hunting turkeys till much later, and it was born out of a love for the woods. He will get there I’m sure. Best not to push.

Been settled in for a bit ....dang did it get light quick. Nothing off the usual roost area...all is quiet so far. Woodpecker hammering away in the back where my dad is.....that'll keep him on his toes.

In a new Rhino blind for the first time this season.....wow what an upgrade from a Cabelas blind and a budget Ameristep. These are real nice. Love the windows and the hook and loop closure system they use.430983a91db98567c3f7462126079f8c.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Just had a Tom fly down about 50 yards away-I reach foe my bow when I thought he was behind a tree enough to not see me. His head snapped up so fast I thought it might fall off. Slowly walked out of my life’

Unlike most living beings in this area, these turkey keep their mouths shut.

• Like 1

Good luck out there folks.  I've been locked out of the site for a couple weeks, but I'm back.  Congrats to all the successful hunters, especially Cynthia and Bill.  Good luck TF and Sam.  

Been a tough season for me.  Lots of hunters and lower bird numbers.  I will be out tomorrow and at least one more morning next week.  

• Like 4