Live From The Woods 2020 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

1 minute ago, cynthiafu said:

Tell you what I need to invest in spring hunting gear lolol . Start a kitty pot for me for spring hunting gear.

Need a box call? PM me your address.......I have one for you.  Might have a slate too?

• Like 9

I did a little fact checking today on Bill. Many questioned his 120 turkeys. To be clear, I did not. But wanted to see what I could dig up:

He once said he took 37 jakes, but that was before he shot the NJ one this year so that means he's at 38.

He also said previously that he killed 33 hens in his career.

Then he had said he killed 49 Long beards and that his next would be 50.

So 38, 33, 49 = 120.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 6

I did a little fact checking today on Bill. Many questioned his 120 turkeys. To be clear, I did not. But wanted to see what I could dig up:

He once said he took 37 jakes, but that was before he shot the NJ one this year so that means he's at 38.

He also said previously that he killed 33 hens in his career.

Then he had said he killed 49 Long beards and that his next would be 50.

So 38, 33, 49 = 120.

I’ll just need his SS# for verification and we can put this matter to bed

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Aaron and I went to the same spot were he taged his first bird.  At 4:55 he gobbled about 100 yrds out.  Seen him pitch down. Gobbled at every call, but headed away from the fields following a ridge just out of site. Had a Jake poke his head up to look, but he was at 50+ yrds.  Spot #2 we didn't see or hear anything except a couple deer. Spot #3 we bumped a tom before we got set up. On the way out we seen 4 hens and a tom in the same field we were first set up on.  Watch them to see where they were heading, and got set up. I did some light calling, and about 45 min later a hen started yelping after my last clucks and purrs.  Unfortunately, she knew exactly where we were, and walked right to us. She seen something she didn't like, and walked over the hill putting constantly.  

Had a great day, just couldn't get the birds to read the last chapter of the rule book. 

Edited by mowin

2 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Double congrats and big virtual HUG for Cynthia !!

AND  I hereby nominate Blackbeltbill  as official forum HERO of the YEAR  !!…...

Easy easy! Let's start with the month and see what happens the rest of the year

• Haha 1

My turn to screw it up, today i went back to Farmersville and took the land owner with me. we got to where I thought the birds would be but because of the rain and fog it was quiet. so we sat and waited to see if we would see or hear any fly down and how long before it cleared up. Well at 6 am the rain stopped and almost immediately to fog moved off the hill and boom 2 separate gobbles! They were to my left and over the ridge so I made the fatal mistake to move to try and get closer, and sure enough there was another bird closer than I expected and it started putting loud at us. No more gobbles, and about a half hour later I saw 2 birds pitch out and away from us. Waited about an hour and started moving in their direction but the rain started back up and we decided tomorrow would be a better day to go after them. 

• Like 2

Going out again in the morning.  Gonna try and get in on that big spooky SoB before first light, he roosted within 100 yards last 3 times I've been out. If I don't get him I'll go up to the food plot and wait it out til 8.  Oh that reminds me I gotta get those pics off cam.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Right Biz. I am at #121 now with my 50th Longbeard  taken on 5/18/2020.  No big deal though as probably half my Turkeys were taken in the Fall Turkey  Season in 3 States and, I have been going since 1990.  

Pretty soon Matt dale will be watching YOUR videos

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Here's the invincible (they're all invincible if I'm the shooter?) gobbler.  

Clipping my range finder to my bino harness, and not shooting unless I'm 100% certain it's within 30 yards. 

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG

He's probably wearing a Kevlar vest by now....Hehehe..

• Like 1

d56f1ae180543f8fc25ca00aac3b4425.jpg&key=837f4984a0acf4bb30a1fc29cdab4c3596cf546d8121aa87acea9a59f36bb326
Sorry if the dynamite deployed with the NWTF shirt on but this $hits about to get real for my daughter tomorrow and every day leading up til June 1. Gobbler going to get a headache with tss 6’s. Better her than me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d like to get some credit for leaning on you multiple times per day to get back out there!

• Like 2

Today was my last morning out.  I Set the alarm, but just don't have it in me.  

Taking someone who is new to turkey hunting gets me up in the morning. Don't really care if I shoot another turkey. I get more excited and get " turkey fever" when someone else is behind the gun. 

Have to give bill a " high five" for giving his time to help Cynthia tag out. Can't fathom how someone my age ( ok maybe older??) can get up every friggin day???  

• Like 3

I'd like to volunteer myself for Bill's turkey master class next year. I've killed a few a few birds myself (2 longbeards and 3 jakes) but I'm struggling to close the deal this year. Been hearing tons of gobbling but just can't bring them in. I'll gladly be your next protege!

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

X2!

528am sunrise in 3N, so 458am shooting time! 45 degrees and light winds.

Damn Biz did you pull an all nighter?  Posting on the Corona thread at 1am.  Then in the woods by 4:30.  Your a machine.

• Like 1