Live From The Woods 2020 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

Out for my morning listen, only hear 3 different birds here this morning but the wood ducks down on the beaver pond sure are being noisy so there must be some predator near the water. Need to head over to a new 200 acre farm I scored access on last night.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Today was my last morning out.  I Set the alarm, but just don't have it in me.  
Taking someone who is new to turkey hunting gets me up in the morning. Don't really care if I shoot another turkey. I get more excited and get " turkey fever" when someone else is behind the gun. 
Have to give bill a " high five" for giving his time to help Cynthia tag out. Can't fathom how someone my age ( ok maybe older??) can get up every friggin day???  

Totally relate man. Enjoy the beautiful day not being all tired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Those 3 might Roost in the same area tonight.   Get A little bit Closer to the Roost.  Scratch in the Leaves  before Sunrise.-   Scratch--- Scratch- Scratch ---- Scratch. Use a Stick. Luck.

Thanks. I updated my journal with more details. They aren’t together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Got real close this morning ,they were headed over the hill in our direction ,I did see one head just Crest the hill . Right about then the scumbag neighbors were closing in (trespassing) and calling very aggressively, the neighbor behind us came through on his 4 wheeler and started the chainsaw for about 2 minutes before driving off . We have no idea which way the birds escaped .

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Bad Feeling for sure when other hunters move in and call between you and the Gobbler. ( I had no idea you were there)..  Yeah right.

We were facing the gobbler and they were coming up on our 3 oclock ,it was obvious they were cutting the distance ,they were calling so loud .