Live From The Woods 2020 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

Breaking protocol in the morning. Never once have I hunted spring birds and not listened to the woods wake up before dawn . I’ve killed many birds late morning after they open up again. After no gobbles last few times out and leaving mid morning we’re going out at 9 to try . Hot - humid n buggy but thermacell will be deployed. And enjoying extra hours of sleep and not zombie like the rest of the day will be a new twist 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Breaking protocol in the morning. Never once have I hunted spring birds and not listened to the woods wake up before dawn . I’ve killed many birds late morning after they open up again. After no gobbles last few times out and leaving mid morning we’re going out at 9 to try . Hot - humid n buggy but thermacell will be deployed. And enjoying extra hours of sleep and not zombie like the rest of the day will be a new twist 

Contamplating same here. Supposed to pour 6-9 am here. Damn bad timing. 

13 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

As I said in a text, I've never done that but heck yes, DO IT!!

17 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

I don't need your charity . I have a job and I work hard for everything I have . Yes your words pissed me off . I was not asking for charity . 

I think he was trying to be funny

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Biz prediction- jerkman gives one a headache this morning 

I ain’t buying it.....he’d be blistering his fingers to get it posted by now. 

Maybe he got shagged by a greens keeper and the cops have him detained?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Out in Farmersville,  got in and set up by 4:40, birds weren't there. Heard 1 gobble way to the south so we moved. Got close and had 2 going, definitely coming in. 2 hunters snuck in above us from the field and just like that no gobbles! SOB I  worked those birds for an hour. Plan B is to go back to same spot at 10 and try soft calls with dekes. 

• Sad 1

I ain’t buying it.....he’d be blistering his fingers to get it posted by now. 

Maybe he got shagged by a greens keeper and the cops have him detained?

He doesn’t post until the mount comes back, like you!

There's gotta be cops involved by now. A shotgun shot in Westchester. It may be confiscated by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Suited up and were making our short drive. Thermacell armed n ready 

I tagged along with my hunting buddy yesterday later in the morning for something to do.....Had 2 Hens come into the field at 11:15 and right to the decoys. They hung out till we scared them off at noon. We were sweltering and were  not going to wait until they decided to leave. No Toms but they did come in late. Pulling for you guys!!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I tagged along with my hunting buddy yesterday later in the morning for something to do.....Had 2 Hens come into the field at 11:15 and right to the decoys. They hung out till we scared them off at noon. We were sweltering and were  not going to wait until they decided to leave. No Toms but they did come in late. Pulling for you guys!!!

Why not leave and find a gobbler?

• Like 1

@Lawdwaz just for you a sneak peek at the headache I gave out this morning. I'll post up more pictures with full story later. I just finished field dressing it per taxidermist request. He said to gut and drain it and put in fridge. Hopefully I can bring it by today and he can skin it so I can eat it still. My first solo Tom and really first Tom overall. Any guesses to age? Also his head is gigantic! You can call me Doctor from now on because I'm down right surgical with my shotgun! Nice rear cranial brain excision leaving all else intact! Buhbam!20200525_072359.jpg20200525_082210.jpg20200525_075507.jpg20200525_081302.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Nice going. He’ll look good on the wall.  I’ll sell you this one for half the current taxidermy rate today, invest the remainder in the market for future growth. 
0B2A5D55-D541-423A-B117-154115FF4C85.thumb.jpeg.d1bd5d0b56b5a29fb3a32e193df2c0b8.jpeg
That ones. Nice! Probably fit better at my place too. I shot mine after he thought he was going to add one more to his harem and beat up a Jake along the way. Sorry Charlie but nope. Dr. Jerkman had other ideas! Would love to do a mount where he's beating up a decoy but that may take up way too much space. I'll have to do some serious research on how I want it to look. For now I'm gonna go back to sleep as he's now been field dressed with as tiny an incision I could have made per taxidermist request to gut drain and put in fridge. Hopefully he can skin it today so I can get a chance to eat him! 13 solo years and finally a spring turkey and a great one if I do say so myself. More to follow when I wake up and write my novel.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Dr. Jerkman said:

That ones. Nice! Probably fit better at my place too. I shot mine after he thought he was going to add one more to his harem and beat up a Jake along the way. Sorry Charlie but nope. Dr. Jerkman had other ideas! Would love to do a mount where he's beating up a decoy but that may take up way too much space. I'll have to do some serious research on how I want it to look. For now I'm gonna go back to sleep as he's now been field dressed with as tiny an incision I could have made per taxidermist request to gut drain and put in fridge. Hopefully he can skin it today so I can get a chance to eat him! 13 solo years and finally a spring turkey and a great one if I do say so myself. More to follow when I wake up and write my novel.

How much damage to the lexus? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dr. Jerkman said:

@Lawdwaz just for you a sneak peek at the headache I gave out this morning. I'll post up more pictures with full story later. I just finished field dressing it per taxidermist request. He said to gut and drain it and put in fridge. Hopefully I can bring it by today and he can skin it so I can eat it still. My first solo Tom and really first Tom overall. Any guesses to age? Also his head is gigantic! You can call me Doctor from now on because I'm down right surgical with my shotgun! Nice rear cranial brain excision leaving all else intact! Buhbam!20200525_072359.jpg20200525_082210.jpg20200525_075507.jpg20200525_081302.jpg

Congratulations Dr. J !

• Like 1