Live From The Woods 2020 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

Do you have a lot of rocks where you hunt  ??  Those spurs look rounded off, like many Catskill birds, from all the rocks...

I am guessing that he is a 3 year old, and if taken  in less rocky terrain, he'd have sharp spurs perhaps an 1/8 " longer...

Nice bird in any case...

• Like 2

Do you have a lot of rocks where you hunt  ??  Those spurs look rounded off, like many Catskill birds, from all the rocks...
I am guessing that he is a 3 year old, and if taken  in less rocky terrain, he'd have sharp spurs perhaps an 1/8 " longer...
Nice bird in any case...
Oh yeah it's super Rocky over by us. In a lot of spots I have trouble driving the stakes in deep enough so that my decoys don't look like Godzilla haha. I figured with his beard and janky looking feet and the spurs do look like they were hooked at some point and not just cones that they may have been either fought off or ground off somehow. And Sweet! A potentially 3+ year old bird as my first Tom I'm super stoked! Now I just need to make it happen again next year! Still got a lot to learn about these Wiley birds. For something so dumb they really seem to be difficult to kill. Maybe I'm not as smart as I thought I was

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Oh yeah it's super Rocky over by us. In a lot of spots I have trouble driving the stakes in deep enough so that my decoys don't look like Godzilla haha. I figured with his beard and janky looking feet and the spurs do look like they were hooked at some point and not just cones that they may have been either fought off or ground off somehow. And Sweet! A potentially 3+ year old bird as my first Tom I'm super stoked! Now I just need to make it happen again next year! Still got a lot to learn about these Wiley birds. For something so dumb they really seem to be difficult to kill. Maybe I'm not as smart as I thought I was

Next year? Next weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, Dr. Jerkman said:

Nah. Gotta end the season on a high note. Plus I want to save some birds for next season

If this was a poker game ,you would be the guy headed for the door after winning a big pot ! Give the turkeys a chance to win back their money !

• Like 4

2 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

I have heard 3 Different Gobblers. Once the Fog lifts, I hope at least one of them enters this Field. Already had a positive response to my Cutting.

20200526_060156.jpg

Other than a gobble, what is a positive response? Is it the way they gobble? The few times I have tagged along with my buddy since I have tagged out we have heard gobbling in the roost but when they hit the ground they gobble back while getting farther away. I think my buddy calls to much but I really have no idea and he has killed a lot of birds. 

If this was a poker game ,you would be the guy headed for the door after winning a big pot ! Give the turkeys a chance to win back their money !
They can try next year. At this point I've lost as much or nearly as much as I won in that big pot. Plus it's motorcycle season!

2 minutes ago, Dr. Jerkman said:

They can try next year. At this point I've lost as much or nearly as much as I won in that big pot. Plus it's motorcycle season!

If you were playing cards with some delta boys on a river gambling boat headed to new Orleans your ass would be headed over the side ! LoL

If you were playing cards with some delta boys on a river gambling boat headed to new Orleans your ass would be headed over the side ! LoL
Well lucky for me this poker game is against birds that are so dumb if they look up when it's raining they can drown themselves. When I play poker with friends it's winner takes all. Which usually meant I lose all hahahaha. That's why I now stick to turkey hunting

Back home. I Spooked another Gobbler! Sometimes you have to make a Quick risky move. I don't exactly look like a 125lb Champion Marathon Runner. More like a older, overweight Linebacker.    Needed to make the move as he was on the other side of the Wallkill River and, I wanted a better position so he would Flap on over in my direction.-- Arrggghhhh! - next time.
Calling it quits already?! C'mon Bill you're better than that! Get after them for the late morning hunt!

On 5/24/2020 at 12:14 PM, cynthiafu said:

I don't need your charity . I have a job and I work hard for everything I have . Yes your words pissed me off . I was not asking for charity . 

On 5/24/2020 at 1:28 PM, blackbeltbill said:

Belo- Dude- what's up with that Man?!

i think the 2 of you need a nap. I don't know how to make that joke any more obvious than I did...

On 5/24/2020 at 4:47 PM, Pygmy said:

Just  Belo exhibiting his usual charm.....  I'll bet he'd be a lot of fun to work with....

and per usual the ole perverted white knight chiming in on something that has nothing to do with him and he knows nothing about.

fuck off

20 hours ago, Dr. Jerkman said:

There were probably 10 Toms in the flock he came in with. Along with a ton of hens too. Probably 15-20 birds total. I'm happy with my single bird this season. Gotta end on a high note. Then I can spend next weekend on the motorcycle in the morning! Gotta save some birds for next season! The flock is going to be a hundred birds large next year haha! Definitely couldn't have done it without the help of a lot of people on this forum including you Bill the Turkey Master!

interesting, that's like fall hunting right there. The most I ever see together in the spring is 4, maybe 5 tops!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Belo said:

and per usual the ole perverted white knight chiming in on something that has nothing to do with him and he knows nothing about.

fuck off

Wow my drunk posts generally don’t start till 9PM or so .

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

It’s your past performance and delivery. 

my past performance of being overly supportive and congratulatory of the 2 of them hunting together? Even you took it the same way I did and offered to send her a box call. But somehow I'm the bad guy for making a joke out of her beginners success?

got it.

interesting, that's like fall hunting right there. The most I ever see together in the spring is 4, maybe 5 tops!
It was really surprising. Maybe they are damn near all bred out and going back to their "standard" patterns either that or they all decided to play a big joke on me this season and worked together to avoid me until they all came at once

I'm Surgical

• Like 1

Just now, Belo said:

my past performance of being overly supportive and congratulatory of the 2 of them hunting together?

Past history in general......you know it.  It's no big deal, what comes out from personalities from time to time is indicative to there true personality.  I can look back and certainly see my bad traits coming out whether it's on the open forum or in my daily life.

It is what it is.......

4 minutes ago, Dr. Jerkman said:

It was really surprising. Maybe they are damn near all bred out and going back to their "standard" patterns either that or they all decided to play a big joke on me this season and worked together to avoid me until they all came at once

I'm Surgical

Were there any white turkey in the flock?  A farmer could have had a fence come down and they were all domestic birds......that could explain a lot of it.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Dr. Jerkman said:

Well lucky for me this poker game is against birds that are so dumb if they look up when it's raining they can drown themselves.

They demand more respect than that.......it's not that they're dumb, more the fact they are wary and always on alert.

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 2