Live From The Woods 2020 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

15 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Past history in general......you know it.  It's no big deal, what comes out from personalities from time to time is indicative to there true personality.  I can look back and certainly see my bad traits coming out whether it's on the open forum or in my daily life.

It is what it is.......

except that i've only met a small handful of you in real life. You have no idea who I really am, while many of you have met each other and understand true intent. It's for certain that I will call bs when I see it, and I'm not afraid to have a disagreement with someone. That is me on the internet and me in real life. More often than not I've offered help to many people on this forum and not all of it is public, as I know the same is true for many others. You might be surprised to know about a lot of the philanthropy I do, but I don't advertise it, as that's not why I do it.

But truth is, there is still the group of old white men on here that are burned that I had a lot of issues with a former female member, so when God forbid I make a joke that wasn't interpreted properly to another, it's just assumed I'm being mean and aggressive? Even though there's no history or reason for me to do so? Oh and I'm making this attack on a female member I have no bad blood with while I'm sitting in the field with 5 year old because I'm really that big  of an a$$hole and sad with my horrible, horrible life.

But you're right, past performance comes out and here is pygmy to the rescue.

I've said my peace, start a new thread if anyone wants to hash it out any further. 

• Like 1

They demand more respect than that.......it's not that they're dumb, more the fact they are wary and always on alert.

Exactly, they tolerate nothing. If the tiniest little
Thing seems seem awry they are GONE lol. A deer will hang around and try and figure out what you are, a turkey is in the next area code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 4

Were there any white turkey in the flock?  A farmer could have had a fence come down and they were all domestic birds......that could explain a lot of it. 

I would love to have some free range white toms escape on the property to breed with the native hens to make some wild looking hybrids. That'd be sick looking

I'm Surgical

They demand more respect than that.......it's not that they're dumb, more the fact they are wary and always on alert.
Well evidently they are definitely smarter than me given my lack of success in years past

I'm Surgical

Belo- you just Quoted 3 members.  I tell you - you are going to be on the Shit List Forever.      Personally-, I think you are a wee bit Jealous of Cynthia's Success in her very 1st Spring and Tagging out with 2 Fine Gobblers.
They were definitely fine gobblers indeed and public land to boot!

I'm Surgical

• Like 2

It was fun and to have a partner who know his stuff helps alot . Also knowing the public area  like we do helps to.  Next year when I try on my own . Well be a different  story maybe . But it did help having someone there . . I cant wait to try it on my own . But I will hunt a couple of days out with bill . Because the awesome time we had was great . If i didnt getthrown back into full time at work i would still be going out with you ,bill just to sit and learn more from you. And I will get you out with me deer hunting this year. 

Belo I'll be the bigger person and say sorry. I did not take it as a joke and if that is what it was . Then I am sorry . 

• Like 7

Sunday was probably the perfect example of my hunting history... or maybe my life in general. lol    I got up an hour early and drove to a state forrest I'd never been in, just to do something different. In the woods well before light.  Sun up brought little change. A fox screaming, bumped a big doe, but no turkey sounds.  My calls brought no replies.

After two hours I got back in my ride and headed to my usual stopping grounds, public & private land. I stopped at the first spot, killed the engine then sat there for 15 - 20 minutes.  Then got out quiet and made some calls.  10-15 minutes, no replies.  I repeated this in three more locations on my route back. (internally displeased with myself for doing what I would frown on someone else doing, not quite "road hunting", but dang close.) Four spots, no joy. Time to head back to camp and take a nap.  Down the mountain and up the hill, I pull into the "driveway" to camp and sonofabitch if there aren't three birds in the yard!  Ahhhh!    Yup, story of my life.   lmao

Monday was overcast, breezy and just a beautiful day in the woods, the lack of bugs due to the breezy made it so.  I decided to wrap in up on high note and call the season done. 

Edited by cas
  • Like 2

Sunday was probably the perfect example of my hunting history... or maybe my life in general. lol    I got up an hour early and drove to a state forrest I'd never been in, just to do something different. In the woods well before light.  Sun up brought little change. A fox screaming, bumped a big doe, but no turkey sounds.  My calls brought no replies.
 After two hours I got back in my ride and headed to my usual stopping grounds, public & private land. I stopped at the first spot, killed the engine then sat there for 15 - 20 minutes.  Then got out quiet and made some calls.  10-15 minutes, no replies.  I repeated this in three more locations on my route back. (internally displeased with myself for doing what I would frown on someone else doing, not quite "road hunting", but dang close.) Four spots, no joy. Time to head back to camp and take a nap.  Down the mountain and up the hill, I pull into the "driveway" to camp and sonofabitch if there aren't three birds in the yard!  Ahhhh!    Yup, story of my life.   lmao
Monday was overcast, breezy and just a beautiful day in the woods, the lack of bugs due to the breezy made it so.  I decided to wrap in up on high note and call the season done. 

Nothing wrong with running and gunning like that IMO. I’ll do the same and if I don’t get a bird to answer I’m put. I can’t just sit and call/hope for a turkey

Nothing wrong with running and gunning like that IMO. I’ll do the same and if I don’t get a bird to answer I’m out. I can’t just sit and call/hope for a turkey

2 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Belo- you just Quoted 3 members.  I tell you - you are going to be on the Shit List Forever.      Personally-, I think you are a wee bit Jealous of Cynthia's Success in her very 1st Spring and Tagging out with 2 Fine Gobblers.

yep that's it Bill. Again, even after I explained it was a joke and I meant nothing by it, you insinuate I insulted her because I'm jealous, when in fact I was commending her for tagging out...

Because I like Cynthia and I appreciate you taking the time to mentor a new hunter I'll just leave it at that. Maybe you can too.

2 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

It was fun and to have a partner who know his stuff helps alot . Also knowing the public area  like we do helps to.  Next year when I try on my own . Well be a different  story maybe . But it did help having someone there . . I cant wait to try it on my own . But I will hunt a couple of days out with bill . Because the awesome time we had was great . If i didnt getthrown back into full time at work i would still be going out with you ,bill just to sit and learn more from you. And I will get you out with me deer hunting this year. 

Belo I'll be the bigger person and say sorry. I did not take it as a joke and if that is what it was . Then I am sorry . 

again, i'm sorry that you took it how you did and i'm surprised you did as you and I never had any bad blood and there would be no reason for me to attack you, certainly not while sitting in the blind with my 5 year old and being perfectly happy and at peace.

• Like 1

I didn't hunt today, it seems lately when I get up at 2:30 AM to Turkey hunt and then hunt till noon, I can't get up the next day. I'm feeling old way too fast! That said, I do plan to hunt Wednesday and Thursday but wonder if this sudden hot spell is going to affect them. I know it definitely has affected me! So many have said that they just aren't hearing any gobblers? I was wondering do I change up my strategy? I honestly don't know if I can handle the early rise followed by the disappointment of no gobbles.

10 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

I didn't hunt today, it seems lately when I get up at 2:30 AM to Turkey hunt and then hunt till noon, I can't get up the next day. I'm feeling old way too fast! That said, I do plan to hunt Wednesday and Thursday but wonder if this sudden hot spell is going to affect them. I know it definitely has affected me! So many have said that they just aren't hearing any gobblers? I was wondering do I change up my strategy? I honestly don't know if I can handle the early rise followed by the disappointment of no gobbles.

Hunt wed and if its dead - then Fish Thursday!    

I'll be on the property before daylight tomorrow....If I hear any gobbling, I'll take my buddy Mort up there the next morning...

If I DON'T hear anything, I'm going to pull my blinds and call it a season... Time to concentrate on fishing , PLUS trying to keep The Mermaid happy, which is practically a full time job  in itself...<<sigh>>….

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, 2012_taco said:

I haven't fished in years! Although  a couple of friends have boats and have mentioned taking me out with them sometime. Maybe it will happen?

How can one survive without fishing  ??   SOMEONE, please take this fine person out FISHING  !!...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blackbeltbill said:

Belo has a Knack of coming after you if he disagrees and then plays the victim if you come back at him.  Seen it many times  with a number of members. 

nevermind. i wont stoop to your level. i'll delete that comment as you still don't seem to get it.

I'll sign out now. see yall in the fall. 

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

I want to get into Bass Fishing this year. Been a few years .   Big Chris showed me how to - Jump the Frog along the Lily's.  Maybe, I can still do it.

I'll be happy to take you out anytime, on my bass boat bill. I may be able to show ya a couple bass fishing tips? And perhaps give your arms a decent workout too, reeling some in?

• Like 2