Live From The Woods 2020 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

28 minutes ago, Belo said:

nevermind. i wont stoop to your level. i'll delete that comment as you still don't seem to get it.

I'll sign out now. see yall in the fall. 

Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya.....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

I want to get into Bass Fishing this year. Been a few years .   Big Chris showed me how to - Jump the Frog along the Lily's.  Maybe, I can still do it.

"Jump the frog along the lilies"   I had a an old girlfriend named Chris who taught 

me THAT game....<<smile>>...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 1

I'll be on the property before daylight tomorrow....If I hear any gobbling, I'll take my buddy Mort up there the next morning...
If I DON'T hear anything, I'm going to pull my blinds and call it a season... Time to concentrate on fishing , PLUS trying to keep The Mermaid happy, which is practically a full time job  in itself...>….
Just focus on fishing so you can keep her well fed and happy

I'm Surgical

Back in Little Valley,  no gobbles,  absolute gorgeous day. I got here late as I left my phone at home and had to go back to get it. I don't wear a watch so I have to have the phone to tell time. I may have missed the early tree gobbles?

4 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

6.05am-- walking down a Gentle Ridge and whopp- whopp- whoppp! A Gobbler is still Roosted and spooks out.  I heard him land in another Tree 100 yards out. I might  set up right here . He will probably fly down in less then 1 hour.

How’d you know it was a gobbler?

Well my buddy matt got here at camp last night and I already had a plan devised for this morning and had warned him it was gonna be a long hike up and down through 2 deep hollows to get to this gobbler. We were headed to where I listened yesterday morning and Mr. Spock was the intended target.
The bird threw me a curve ball as he was roosted in the pine flats in the old strip mine.
He would answer my calls but didn't want to budge and I knew he had at least the brood hen with him. We eased up next to the hidden plowed field and i saw 1 of her jennies out there. Game on!!!
Got set up and got the Jenny coming in and got her up on a high point where the brood hen and the gobbler could see her.

Got aggressive o. The call and he is now cutting me off and closing the distance. I see the brood hen and she is gonna walk right past matt at less than 4 yards. She makes it past him and meets up with her Jenny and they come looking for me she purrs I purr she clucks I cluck I Yelp he blasts a gobble I see the split fan coming over the rise....

He is blasting us with gobbles the 2 hens are right on top of me to the left. I see matt slowly ease up to almost a standing position and then the shot.

He goes out to get the bird comes back and I go how ya like those spurs?? Lol matt looks at me funny and says howdja know? Open mr spocks tail fan he is missing the middle feather. I didn't want to tell him ahead of time in case it would psych him out lol.

Got him tagged and pics taken and started our 1.5 mile walk back to the truck.

Now to try and find an easy access bird for my buddy jason, he is on a 6 week recovery from a knee rebuild surgery. 7eab82737233ff90957592e35da414e3.jpg91017b1c6e0dd77b9fcba37ca5ba137f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

• Like 26

22 minutes ago, reeltime said:

Well my buddy matt got here at camp last night and I already had a plan devised for this morning and had warned him it was gonna be a long hike up and down through 2 deep hollows to get to this gobbler. We were headed to where I listened yesterday morning and Mr. Spock was the intended target.
The bird threw me a curve ball as he was roosted in the pine flats in the old strip mine.
He would answer my calls but didn't want to budge and I knew he had at least the brood hen with him. We eased up next to the hidden plowed field and i saw 1 of her jennies out there. Game on!!!
Got set up and got the Jenny coming in and got her up on a high point where the brood hen and the gobbler could see her.

Got aggressive o. The call and he is now cutting me off and closing the distance. I see the brood hen and she is gonna walk right past matt at less than 4 yards. She makes it past him and meets up with her Jenny and they come looking for me she purrs I purr she clucks I cluck I Yelp he blasts a gobble I see the split fan coming over the rise....

He is blasting us with gobbles the 2 hens are right on top of me to the left. I see matt slowly ease up to almost a standing position and then the shot.

He goes out to get the bird comes back and I go how ya like those spurs?? Lol matt looks at me funny and says howdja know? Open mr spocks tail fan he is missing the middle feather. I didn't want to tell him ahead of time in case it would psych him out lol.

Now to try and find an easy access bird for my buddy jason, he is on a 6 week recovery from a knee rebuild surgery. 7eab82737233ff90957592e35da414e3.jpg91017b1c6e0dd77b9fcba37ca5ba137f.jpg

Congrats on a fantastic late season gobbler.  Nice hooks. 

Now to try and find an easy access bird for my buddy jason, he is on a 6 week recovery from a knee rebuild surgery. 7eab82737233ff90957592e35da414e3.jpg&key=6b71bd1aa668f26f039b0248570e966e250c105e922ee0e76c5e33afd82fdc5b91017b1c6e0dd77b9fcba37ca5ba137f.jpg&key=0cff79a24b4ebd16c8cb9f35c8cc68489888fb32ac9f274c1d0e1127d4b351b1

Love it! How'd you know his spur size before you killed em?

I'm Surgical

6616 miles as of today scouting and hunting since last week of Feb. Countless hours scouting, and this particular bird was missing his middle tail feather and with the spotting scope on 48 I can count the hairs on his snood. Also run a scope on my gun so if I cant see their legs to see the spurs I let them walk unless they have a telltale body feature to verify it's the right bird.

01a9c63f64cf77dddb70804af292ac31.jpg

• Like 4

6616 miles as of today scouting and hunting since last week of Feb. Countless hours scouting, and this particular bird was missing his middle tail feather and with the spotting scope on 48 I can count the hairs on his snood. Also run a scope on my gun so if I cant see their legs to see the spurs I let them walk unless they have a telltale body feature to verify it's the right bird.

01a9c63f64cf77dddb70804af292ac31.jpg&key=bbeba0b7c221e6e77af42af3d47738730c679e960e85afd85e82d1006de079e1

You should become a guide!

I'm Surgical

6 minutes ago, Dr. Jerkman said:

Never! At least not until I get my bird back. So another 8-12 months still. Either that or I get a better picture taken before then

I'm Surgical

your picture with turkey. anything besides Bill would be appreciated by the entire forum

• Like 3