Live From The Woods 2020 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

Well, off the roost and a few scattered gobbles from him going in the other direction, that got fainter and fainter as he got further away. I can't try to circle around him because he's onto neighboring property now. We'll see if he circles back around remembering this hen he heard over here but not thinking so, can only stay until about 9:00 and meeting a couple buddies for fishing on my boat...so season's prob a wrap for me. Haha...he just gobbled again way out there now, barely audible.

• Like 1

Not a sound here in Walworth. Saw 2 doe in the woods. One went up to my decoys and spooked. She ran off and made a racket for about 3 minutes. All I am hearing is crows and rain drops on the tent blind .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well that all folks .  I tried to move a Tom and two hens ,  and at the last moment the Tom saw me and I shot  miss.  This morning I heard two birds in Ontario County. To summarize my  season it was tough, but fun. Congrats to all who gotten done this season. 

Edited by WWJD_Hunter
  • Like 3

Not to make light of the situation, but can you imagine the uproar in the country, if the president pulled a Cuomo or a Whitmer and "locked down" and quarantined the general election for a year, until he declares the country "safe" to vote....then extend the quarantine....can you imagine? This crap would be over with in a heartbeat...just sayin'.

Back to position A and hope he remembers me.  This I think maybe the first time in 20 years I may not punch a tag. Most years both.  It’s been a fun season with lots of close calls and interaction with birds especially early season. Got to hunt with daughter 12x and I went 16x.  Had hens close few times. Few times gobblers hung up but hearts racing. Heard and saw other cool things. Been trying to get one under daughters gun for 5 years now. Didn’t happen but again so many great memories shared out here this year together. Sitting upon a ridge top watching a red tail hawk soaring in circles recalling the season in my head.  

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Back to position A and hope he remembers me.  This I think maybe the first time in 20 years I may not punch a tag. Most years both.  It’s been a fun season with lots of close calls and interaction with birds especially early season. Got to hunt with daughter 12x and I went 16x.  Had hens close few times. Few times gobblers hung up but hearts racing. Heard and saw other cool things. Been trying to get one under daughters gun for 5 years now. Didn’t happen but again so many great memories shared out here this year together. Sitting upon a ridge top watching a red tail hawk soaring in circles recalling the season in my head.  

You got his Jay! Stick it out, take a nap and see if he comes back to find you later this morning. We are all rooting for you! There is only 3 hours left!  Looking forward to reading the final chapter in the story!!!

• Like 2

Well, season's a wrap. Had some close encounters and still cant believe I missed that 1 a couple weeks ago. It was a tough but fun season. No luck with the turkeys this year but just got a call and found out that I won a rifle in last nights drawing! Good luck to all out for the last couple hours! Now for some fishing.

• Like 5

Tapped out around 8.....heard a hen early between my dad and I....we both thought it was another Hunter on the bordering property .....but she showed her face around 7:45 in the adjacent field.
Overall awesome season......no birds taken but had alot of fun. Got to hunt a new property with a good friend and spent time afield with my Dad and youngest son!1c9149838292df010c6919b81afbac5b.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

4th hummingbird seen out here in the hardwoods.  They hover really low picking bugs.  2 hours to go 

Hear any owls this morning? That could be a good sign Jay.

Sending you some positive mojo my friend! 

With hour to go I lm taking a walk blowing leaves off the trees with crow call trying to get a shock gobble. Have heard 3 guns in last few minutes. Look what I almost stepped on. Got buzzed by yet another hummer while snapping quick pics. dac4ba498b88efe67c6b8accf9e8caae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 14

With hour to go I lm taking a walk blowing leaves off the trees with crow call trying to get a shock gobble. Have heard 3 guns in last few minutes. Look what I almost stepped on. Got buzzed by yet another hummer while snapping quick pics. dac4ba498b88efe67c6b8accf9e8caae.jpg&key=13b728c751af44ce65a4a489b64187b3b78ae013676d803d7ded8e8c7ddde1eb

Amazing!!! Pulling for a true Hail
Mary sir!!!!

6 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

With hour to go I lm taking a walk blowing leaves off the trees with crow call trying to get a shock gobble. Have heard 3 guns in last few minutes. Look what I almost stepped on. Got buzzed by yet another hummer while snapping quick pics. dac4ba498b88efe67c6b8accf9e8caae.jpg

How will you prepare him? Sous vide probably not even necessary just a dash of @Bionic cow rub and right onto the grill?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1