fasteddie

Live From The Woods 2020 Turkey Edition

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I did a little fact checking today on Bill. Many questioned his 120 turkeys. To be clear, I did not. But wanted to see what I could dig up:

He once said he took 37 jakes, but that was before he shot the NJ one this year so that means he's at 38.

He also said previously that he killed 33 hens in his career.

Then he had said he killed 49 Long beards and that his next would be 50.

So 38, 33, 49 = 120.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Right Biz. I am at #121 now with my 50th Longbeard  taken on 5/18/2020.  No big deal though as probably half my Turkeys were taken in the Fall Turkey  Season in 3 States and, I have been going since 1990.  

• Like 4

OK-- Cynthia took her 2nd Longbeard right in the same area where, I shot mine on 5/18.    I stayed out of that area until she could go again. We must have been quiet enough as we set up in front of our trees. Soon the Tom Gobbled from 30 yards away!    I was able to hit some soft Tree Yelps on the Glass Pot. As it got lighter, I had to use my natural voice for soft Yelps. Down he finally flew. Almost like a plop down at at 50° angle. Lazy Bird!   He came in some and Fanned. I had to drop my hat down like Molasses to hide my eyes as he was looking in my direction. I was waiting for Cynthia to shoot as, I already told her the Gobbler is yours- I will not Shoot. She knocked him Flat at like 25 yards or less.           Around 7.30am, I had a Gobbler going crazy at another location. I will try that one tomorrow.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Double congrats and big virtual HUG for Cynthia !!

AND  I hereby nominate Blackbeltbill  as official forum HERO of the YEAR  !!…...

Easy easy! Let's start with the month and see what happens the rest of the year

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I did a little fact checking today on Bill. Many questioned his 120 turkeys. To be clear, I did not. But wanted to see what I could dig up:

He once said he took 37 jakes, but that was before he shot the NJ one this year so that means he's at 38.

He also said previously that he killed 33 hens in his career.

Then he had said he killed 49 Long beards and that his next would be 50.

So 38, 33, 49 = 120.

These 8 Fall Turkeys are part of the 121. Again- no big Deal at all. At one time-- both Fall Birds could be taken on the same day. I have more pics-- but don't feel like digging in my Photo Albums anymore. Fall Hens are as Wary as a Gobbler. 

20200523_151513.jpg

• Like 1

My turn to screw it up, today i went back to Farmersville and took the land owner with me. we got to where I thought the birds would be but because of the rain and fog it was quiet. so we sat and waited to see if we would see or hear any fly down and how long before it cleared up. Well at 6 am the rain stopped and almost immediately to fog moved off the hill and boom 2 separate gobbles! They were to my left and over the ridge so I made the fatal mistake to move to try and get closer, and sure enough there was another bird closer than I expected and it started putting loud at us. No more gobbles, and about a half hour later I saw 2 birds pitch out and away from us. Waited about an hour and started moving in their direction but the rain started back up and we decided tomorrow would be a better day to go after them. 

• Like 2

Hunt when I can.. ;)

d56f1ae180543f8fc25ca00aac3b4425.jpg
Sorry if the dynamite deployed with the NWTF shirt on but this $hits about to get real for my daughter tomorrow and every day leading up til June 1. Gobbler going to get a headache with tss 6’s. Better her than me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 15

Going out again in the morning.  Gonna try and get in on that big spooky SoB before first light, he roosted within 100 yards last 3 times I've been out. If I don't get him I'll go up to the food plot and wait it out til 8.  Oh that reminds me I gotta get those pics off cam.

• Like 2

'08 Bowtech Commander

GoldTip Hunter Expedition's w/ Rage 2 Blades

Remington 700 .308

Mossberg 500 Pump

7 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Right Biz. I am at #121 now with my 50th Longbeard  taken on 5/18/2020.  No big deal though as probably half my Turkeys were taken in the Fall Turkey  Season in 3 States and, I have been going since 1990.  

Pretty soon Matt dale will be watching YOUR videos

• Like 1

Here's the invincible (they're all invincible if I'm the shooter?) gobbler.  

Clipping my range finder to my bino harness, and not shooting unless I'm 100% certain it's within 30 yards. 

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG

• Like 2

'08 Bowtech Commander

Remington 700 .308

Mossberg 500 Pump

25 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Here's the invincible (they're all invincible if I'm the shooter?) gobbler.  

Clipping my range finder to my bino harness, and not shooting unless I'm 100% certain it's within 30 yards. 

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG

He's probably wearing a Kevlar vest by now....Hehehe..

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Pretty soon Matt dale will be watching YOUR videos

He might have. We have exchanged a few Texts.

• Like 1

d56f1ae180543f8fc25ca00aac3b4425.jpg&key=837f4984a0acf4bb30a1fc29cdab4c3596cf546d8121aa87acea9a59f36bb326
Sorry if the dynamite deployed with the NWTF shirt on but this $hits about to get real for my daughter tomorrow and every day leading up til June 1. Gobbler going to get a headache with tss 6’s. Better her than me.

I’d like to get some credit for leaning on you multiple times per day to get back out there!

• Like 2

I could be wrong, but I think we’ll see more than 1 turkey dead on this forum tomorrow morning!

• Like 1

Today was my last morning out.  I Set the alarm, but just don't have it in me.  

Taking someone who is new to turkey hunting gets me up in the morning. Don't really care if I shoot another turkey. I get more excited and get " turkey fever" when someone else is behind the gun. 

Have to give bill a " high five" for giving his time to help Cynthia tag out. Can't fathom how someone my age ( ok maybe older??) can get up every friggin day???  

• Like 3

I'd like to volunteer myself for Bill's turkey master class next year. I've killed a few a few birds myself (2 longbeards and 3 jakes) but I'm struggling to close the deal this year. Been hearing tons of gobbling but just can't bring them in. I'll gladly be your next protege!

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Let’s Go !!

X2!

528am sunrise in 3N, so 458am shooting time! 45 degrees and light winds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

X2!

528am sunrise in 3N, so 458am shooting time! 45 degrees and light winds.

Damn Biz did you pull an all nighter?  Posting on the Corona thread at 1am.  Then in the woods by 4:30.  Your a machine.

• Like 1

Out for my morning listen, only hear 3 different birds here this morning but the wood ducks down on the beaver pond sure are being noisy so there must be some predator near the water. Need to head over to a new 200 acre farm I scored access on last night.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

First spot was empty, I think the neighbor was ramming around on his quad last night.  Just hiked a mile and set up on the food plot.  Haven't heard a peep so far.

'08 Bowtech Commander

Remington 700 .308

Mossberg 500 Pump

Me and my 5 year old on his first hunt. Setup a little after 6, not so bad. Out in the fields away from the roost. We will see how long he lasts haha 0145b6950042f5d82f2d3baca4331b3d.jpg

• Like 19

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

Tell you what I need to invest in spring hunting gear lolol . Start a kitty pot for me for spring hunting gear.

You tagged out and now want charity!? Haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold