2020 NFL Thread

BizCT

2 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Where's BIZ this morning  ??..Did he sit in a tub and open a vein  ?.......

I can't catch up on all the messages, so I'll just respond here. Unfortunately, my 12-month old daught was sick all last week with high fevers, friday she was admitted to Maria Fareri's Children's Hospital. There was some scares about possibly Kawasaki disease, but now appears to be bacteria/mycoplasma/pneumonia. After 3 long/sleepless days in the hospital for her, my wife and I we got discharged sunday night and got home around 10pm.

Regarding the game, I saw bits and pieces of the first quarter up until it was 14-3 and Chiefs were driving. When I get caught up on work and personal stuff, i'll watch the rest of the game. But the OL had been an issue since week 1. LDT the doctor opted out for covid, then the best right tackle in NFL (M. Schwartz) got hurt week 5 or 6 and never returned. The final straw was pro bowler Eric Fisher getting hurt last game vs. Bills. The way to beat any top QB is to get pressure. It sounds like the Bucs got pressure on Mahomes and the Chiefs did not on Brady. With those 3 lineman coming back and Mahomes under a team-friendly contract, I expect them to SB favorites next year. Hopefully the loss motivates them and I think it will. Side-note, Andy Reid's son should never have a job in NFL again. 

Of course, I wish the Chiefs won even though I couldn't watch but they didn't and honestly there's no sick feeling in my stomach since my only concern for the past 7-8 days was my daughter. She remains undefeated in super bowls she has watched (last year) LOL.

and yes it's true @The Jerkman won 3 quarters ($875 total) in my SB Pool. My Dad won the first quarter ($125).

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I can't catch up on all the messages, so I'll just respond here. Unfortunately, my 12-month old daught was sick all last week with high fevers, friday she was admitted to Maria Fareri's Children's Hospital. There was some scares about possibly Kawasaki disease, but now appears to be bacteria/mycoplasma/pneumonia. After 3 long/sleepless days in the hospital for her, my wife and I we got discharged sunday night and got home around 10pm.

Regarding the game, I saw bits and pieces of the first quarter up until it was 14-3 and Chiefs were driving. When I get caught up on work and personal stuff, i'll watch the rest of the game. But the OL had been an issue since week 1. LDT the doctor opted out for covid, then the best right tackle in NFL (M. Schwartz) got hurt week 5 or 6 and never returned. The final straw was pro bowler Eric Fisher getting hurt last game vs. Bills. The way to beat any top QB is to get pressure. It sounds like the Bucs got pressure on Mahomes and the Chiefs did not on Brady. With those 3 lineman coming back and Mahomes under a team-friendly contract, I expect them to SB favorites next year. Hopefully the loss motivates them and I think it will. Side-note, Andy Reid's son should never have a job in NFL again. 

Of course, I wish the Chiefs won even though I couldn't watch but they didn't and honestly there's no sick feeling in my stomach since my only concern for the past 7-8 days was my daughter. She remains undefeated in super bowls she has watched (last year) LOL.

and yes it's true @The Jerkman won 3 quarters ($875 total) in my SB Pool. My Dad won the first quarter ($125).

So sorry to hear about your daughter.   Glad she was discharged.  Praying for a speedy recovery buddy.   

• Thanks 1

Praying for your daughter Biz.  I watched the game with our daughters, and they were both pulling for KC.   I slightly favored Tampa, and was thankfull to hit on a square for the 1st quarter score.  I will have to take them out on my winnings  to thier favorite eatery, to ease their pain a bit.

We are all hoping that the team formerly known as chiefs dont get by the Bill's next year.  That will be our turn to make sure TB got his last ring.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Gretzky is so much better than every other pro athlete that people lose sight of it. EIGHT MVPs in a row. Hed be the all time leading scorer if you took his goals away 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_career_achievements_by_Wayne_Gretzky

Im taking mario...  Mario would have actually beat his records if it was not for bad back and cancer.... Per game marios stats are better... Plus mario did not need his personal body guard

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cbyzerman said:

Im taking mario...  Mario would have actually beat his records if it was not for bad back and cancer.... Per game marios stats are better... Plus mario did not need his personal body guard

Staying healthy is a huge part of having a long and great career. Im referring to his back of course, he thankfully walloped cancer in short order. I dont know if anyone else will ever go to the lengths Brady does to play at an elite level into their mid 40s. Id also love to see what some of the other HOF QBs could do in todays league where QBs are in a bubble

• Like 1

@Biz-R-OWorld sorry I missed this until now.  I never click on the NFL thread, but Grammys last post caught my eye.  Nothing is more important that the health of your daughter.  I am glad to read she is home and doing better.  

My oldest daughter had open heart surgery in NYC twice before she was 18 months, so I know how heartbreaking it is to see them sick and helpless.  That was 28 years ago, now I play and enjoy her son and my grandson everyday!   

Anyways continued good wishes and prayers for her full return to health. 

• Like 1