Mother in law in hospital.

mowin

My MIL has COPD, and last yr had a hip replacement that went terribly wrong and had to be redone.  

Will this covid-19, she hasn't left the house in 44 days.  My wife talks to her several times a day and noticed yesterday she wasn't breathing well. She called her pulmonologist, and was told to bring her in for testing this morning. She was worse this morning. 

Turns out from lack of moving around, blood clots have formed in both lungs. They are rather large and are putting pressure on her heart.  

Wife is freaking out because she's not allowed in the hospital to comfort her. 

We're keeping our fingers crossed that the treatment works.   

36 minutes ago, mowin said:

My MIL has COPD, and last yr had a hip replacement that went terribly wrong and had to be redone.  

Will this covid-19, she hasn't left the house in 44 days.  My wife talks to her several times a day and noticed yesterday she wasn't breathing well. She called her pulmonologist, and was told to bring her in for testing this morning. She was worse this morning. 

Turns out from lack of moving around, blood clots have formed in both lungs. They are rather large and are putting pressure on her heart.  

Wife is freaking out because she's not allowed in the hospital to comfort her. 

We're keeping our fingers crossed that the treatment works.   

Damn sorry to hear........A battle looms for your MIL.  I wish you and your family ALL the best in this matter,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eaglemountainman said:

This is sad news. Hope all goes well and she makes a full recovery. Positive energy sent.

My wife lost a cousin last week to the flu. She lived in Bayside ,Queens. It's a war zone over there.

So sorry to hear that.  Give your wife a hug from wife and I.  

• Like 1

Ok.   Wife had ventilator on the brain because that's what she's heard on the news for the past few weeks.   Good news is she on a respiratory, not ventilator.   Is stable and good stats. 

Edited by mowin
  • Like 8