Time to spray your gear with Permethrin

Five Seasons

Just a friendly reminder as we near 1 week to go, spray the outside of all your turkey gear, pants, jackets, boots and socks and let the stinky bastards hang for a week in your garage. 

I've been spraying for the last 5 or 6 years now and I've been tick free ever since!

https://sawyer.com/products/permethrin-insect-repellent-treatment/

• Like 4

This stuff works wonders. I had many a days of double digit ticks on warm hunting days. Started using this a few years ago and if i find one on my clothes it's dead. I'm spraying my turkey hunting clothes saturday outside.

25 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i have this on my to do list for the day before season.  Not worried about the smell like for deer hunting.  

i do think they recommend letting it dry though, not just for smell, but part of the process? can't remember for sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Belo said:

Just a friendly reminder as we near 1 week to go, spray the outside of all your turkey gear, pants, jackets, boots and socks and let the stinky bastards hang for a week in your garage. 

I've been spraying for the last 5 or 6 years now and I've been tick free ever since!

https://sawyer.com/products/permethrin-insect-repellent-treatment/

I fully agree …. I've used Permethrin for 4 or 5 years now and have never had a Tick on my , my hunting buddy does not use it and we pick Tick's off him after every outing ! Some people never learn !

47 minutes ago, Belo said:

i do think they recommend letting it dry though, not just for smell, but part of the process? can't remember for sure.

they do but it only takes 2-4 hours to dry.  No sense in spraying a week ahead and shorten the effectiveness.  But good reminder. I am not afraid of bears, wolves, yotes or Squatches in the woods- but ticks i sure am! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

they do but it only takes 2-4 hours to dry.  No sense in spraying a week ahead and shorten the effectiveness.  But good reminder. I am not afraid of bears, wolves, yotes or Squatches in the woods- but ticks i sure am! 

Well said !

I make my own solution from happy jack kenel dip II.
Empty my vest all the pockets on my turkey clothes and then mix up 3 gallons of solution in a 5 gallon bucket.
Wear rubber gloves and completely saturate everything and wring out all the excess back into the bucket. Then hang them to dry

The leftover solution gets strained thru a paint filter into spray bottles to be used to mist my clothes down prior to a hunt and or misting down the dog before we go to the woods.
I hunt some heavily tick infested areas in both NY and pa and have never had a tick on me since using the happy jack.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I make my own solution from happy jack kenel dip II.
Empty my vest all the pockets on my turkey clothes and then mix up 3 gallons of solution in a 5 gallon bucket.
Wear rubber gloves and completely saturate everything and wring out all the excess back into the bucket. Then hang them to dry

The leftover solution gets strained thru a paint filter into spray bottles to be used to mist my clothes down prior to a hunt and or misting down the dog before we go to the woods.
I hunt some heavily tick infested areas in both NY and pa and have never had a tick on me since using the happy jack.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

That’s hard core! Not knocking it...juts sucks that that is so necessary for a little time in the woods in some places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1