I am Not A Cuomo Fan But....

I was not a fan of his before this and honestly politically I’m still not. I have to say he is a good person and weather we agree with him or not he is doing what he believes is right for the people of New York. He has been a pillar of honesty and calm through this pandemic.

I do not agree with his politics but he has earned my respect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I was not a fan of his before this and honestly politically I’m still not. I have to say he is a good person and weather we agree with him or not he is doing what he believes is right for the people of New York. He has been a pillar of honesty and calm through this pandemic.

Same here

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Not a fan,never was or will,that said he has done a reasonable job.IMO he was a little slow in the beginning,too much time to react in NYC where people are on top of each other,downstate probably the same.Way overboard with the rest of states work restrictions ,many different jobs that could be worked without restrictions,most outside construction,landscaping,pool maintenance,roofing,concrete,siding.Motorcycle,car,truck dealers,all these and I am sure many others with distancing.
I believe by now everyone is totally aware of the circumstances and would be willing to abide by realistic rules.

Not a fan,never was or will,that said he has done a reasonable job.IMO he was a little slow in the beginning,too much time to react in NYC where people are on top of each other,downstate probably the same.Way overboard with the rest of states work restrictions ,many different jobs that could be worked without restrictions,most outside construction,landscaping,pool maintenance,roofing,concrete,siding.Motorcycle,car,truck dealers,all these and I am sure many others with distancing.
I believe by now everyone is totally aware of the circumstances and would be willing to abide by realistic rules.

So first off landscaping, pool maintenance, most construction are allowed. Second of all you give the general public too much credit people
Are still not abiding by distancing rules. I see and hear about it all the time.

Also thing about it this way. Why rush and be the first area to open. Let’s see how a few other states fair and then make a educated decision. Why be the Guinea pig

Not a fan.  Never will be.  To me what we are seeing is the SAFE Act expanded to everything in your life.  

Cuomo's got all the time in the world.  It doesn't affect anything in his life.  He has a job.  He's getting paid.  He's got body guards to keep people away from him.  He'd get the royal treatment if he were hospitalized.

I doubt he has ever asked himself how long people can hold their breath, when he keeps holding their head underwater.

He's already put the state on life support with his first two terms.  Seems he intends to finish it off once and for all this term.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chef said:

So first off landscaping, pool maintenance, most construction are allowed. Second of all you give the general public too much credit people
Are still not abiding by distancing rules. I see and hear about it all the time.

Also thing about it this way. Why rush and be the first area to open. Let’s see how a few other states fair and then make a educated decision. Why be the Guinea pig

Construction other than school or federal are all shut down at this end of state.All home remodeling, basement concrete, landscaping other than lawn mowing,roofing,basiclly all unless you work alone.I have friends in all these businesses, so not shooting from the hip.

We are all guinea pigs of the state, all punished because of the few idiots that refuse to social distancing.

There are many different circumstances but we all are lumped together.We already have a bunch of two-bit politicians that want to totally control our lives, every move.Not interested in their the sharpest pencil in the drawer,and know best how we all should live.

• Like 2

This entire shutdown has been an experiment by Cuomo at the expense of current and future generations. 

I don't feel he has done a good job at all. Taking away individual freedoms, increasing spending,  calling for confiscation of hospitals ventilators,  sending hospital patients from a hotshot to an area without cases, transfer of positive covid 19 prisoners from downstate to upstate, telling people without jobs if they want to work then get an essential job( which alot of debate can be had over). I am sure there are more but at the moment that's it.

Passing an executive order that he can do what he wants without question for the next year.

These are things that you feel he has done a good job with?  

He is a disgrace as aleader of a state in my honest opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This entire shutdown has been an experiment by Cuomo at the expense of current and future generations. 
I don't feel he has done a good job at all. Taking away individual freedoms, increasing spending,  calling for confiscation of hospitals ventilators,  sending hospital patients from a hotshot to an area without cases, transfer of positive covid 19 prisoners from downstate to upstate, telling people without jobs if they want to work then get an essential job( which alot of debate can be had over). I am sure there are more but at the moment that's it.
Passing an executive order that he can do what he wants without question for the next year.
These are things that you feel he has done a good job with?  
He is a disgrace as aleader of a state in my honest opinion. 

Dude didn’t the federal government put guidelines in place. How is the shutdown a cuomo experiment when 95% of the country is shut down..
God you people are ignorant

40 minutes ago, Chef said:

Dude didn’t the federal government put guidelines in place. How is the shutdown a cuomo experiment when 95% of the country is shut down..
God you people are ignorant

You do know the difference between federal and state shutdown ? You should look into it before sinking to calling people ignorant.  It doesn't way well for you

However this post was about Cuoma not the federal government so I stayed on that and didn't even touch economically how his decisions have hurt future generations. 

I know You have your opinion, and that's  ok, but I also have mine.

Great thing about America is we are allowed to have one, hopefully that continues. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Chef said:

Not a fan..He is a great speaker.. but all politician.

If you dont fact check him or pay attention to details you can easily be mislead.

I think it was last week when I happened to listen to his daily update..

He was asked if the hospitals had everything they needed. He says something along the lines of " yes , if they needed it they had it(Ny is great)" " now there is a difference between want and need".. " nobody is dying because the hospitals dont have ventilators,etc.."

1 question later ... "yes they are having to put 2 people on ventilators not designed for them as well as cpap machines etc.."

I cannot paraphrase it very well , but he pretty much said one thing and then said the opposite seconds later . Then got upset when reporters tried to pin him down on the truth. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chef said:

Where is that allowed ? Landscaping, maintenance yes ie cutting grass, but no planting bushes ,new installations etc . Pool opening not allowed . All non essential construction stopped , I know tons of crews shut down , one man operations only , guys laid off all their guys and working alone .

Cuomo , based it on NYC , he talked about 200 on a job site, 15 guys riding up in an elevator. So here 3 guys can’t side a house , daughters fiancé who’s hvac crew had two guys per floor on new construction high rise , shut down , nephews four man crew can’t do stonework , he’s working by himself . 

I don’t know one person here who has it or one person who knows one person , who knows on person ..... I do know many out of work , many small business owners and some not so small who may never come back .

• Like 2

Where is that allowed ? Landscaping, maintenance yes ie cutting grass, but no planting bushes ,new installations etc . Pool opening not allowed . All non essential construction stopped , I know tons of crews shut down , one man operations only , guys laid off all their guys and working alone .
  Cuomo , based it on NYC , he talked about 200 on a job site, 15 guys riding up in an elevator. So here 3 guys can’t side a house , daughters fiancé who’s hvac crew had two guys per floor on new construction high rise , shut down , nephews four man crew can’t do stonework , he’s working by himself . 
I don’t know one person here who has it or one person who knows one person , who knows on person ..... I do know many out of work , many small business owners and some not so small who may never come back .

And let me ask you this if he opens it up tomorrow and all your friends get sick and your friends friends die it will be his fault and you know it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have to say there’s always a alterer motive with Cuomo, he’s pandering to his base for votes. The one that really gets me , is when he was complaining about trump wanting to tell the states when to open. And he says we have a constitution to follow and the governor controls the state. He must have forgot about the 2nd amendment when he passed the safe act. 

• Like 2

Somebody show me where the US Constitution says all of the rights contained within get thrown out the window if there is a pandemic? 

What legal authority does Cuomo have to do any of the things he has forced upon free men?  When you suspend individual liberty and freedom with a threat of force, you are violating all inalienable rights.  I don't care how bad you think the situation is, personal responsibility is the answer.  If you're afraid of dying from this virus, stay home.

And don't give me a reply, "Well, you are possibly killing others."

Then I guess you want to lock down all the highways too, because people are out there killing others with their cars!

This nanny state horse crap has got to stop, and it needs to stop now, before the govt gets used to dictating everything we are allowed to do for the good of the "collective" at the expense of our own individual freedom and pursuit of happiness.

You know why they are now saying "herd" immunity?  Because they view us all as a herd of dumb animals they have dominion over.  Sickening.  When did Americans become such losers?

• Like 2

Governors, mayors, and other officials are taking advantage of the COVID-19 crisis to try things they could not do before. Apparently, when you can tell people what they can and cannot do, some politicians get carried away.

Michigan’s governor told people they could not go to another home, even if they owned it. She said you can’t take your boat or wave runner on the water. However, she said abortion IS an essential service, as it relates to a woman’s health. A federal judge in Tennessee said the same thing. So, you can’t get a haircut, have your nails done, or workout at a gym, but you can get an abortion. You can stand in line at Walmart, but you can’t sit in your car in a church parking lot and hear worship and an encouraging message. It’s not as if anyone needs godly encouragement!

Night after night we have COVID-19 updates with the same message: stay away from each other. We don’t want so many cases of the virus that we overload the hospital system. New York City was the epicenter of cases in the nation, yet patients did not overload the system. Yes, some hospitals were very busy, but others … not so much. The urgent medical facilities set up to assist, including a U.S. Navy hospital ship, turned out not to be needed. Anyone remember over 800,000 hospitalizations in 2018 with flu patients? We didn’t overload the system then.

Remember Gov. Andrew Cuomo yelling he needed the federal government to send 30,000 ventilators to New York immediately or someone (I guess the president) had to pick who would or would not die? The state actually only needed about 5,000 ventilators. I also remember Gov. Cuomo saying recently he thought it was interesting that nobody was dying of other causes anymore. Since keeping score on the coronavirus deaths, hardly anyone is dying of the flu, pneumonia, or other factors. I was shocked to hear him actually voice this.

Why are COVID-19 deaths hyped every day? Why do these people want to shut down the country for months if they know it will result in an economic disaster unlike anything we’ve ever seen? Most of these “experts” have received government paychecks for so long they forget someone has to work to pay for it. Who can we trust to get the truth?

Something to think about?

• Like 2

I liked what he did the first couple of weeks. Shut things down and get a handle on the situation. After those first couple of weeks he got way more political than I care for even though he kept saying this is no time for politics.

Now that the State has a handle on things I think things could be opened up slowly and intelligently by region. My personal opinion is May 15th is way to late.

I know of a couple of people that have had no income for 5-6 weeks now because of the shut and the mishandling of not only NYS unemployment but also the federal programs meant for small businesses.

• Like 1

I liked what he did the first couple of weeks. Shut things down and get a handle on the situation. After those first couple of weeks he got way more political than I care for even though he kept saying this is no time for politics.

Now that the State has a handle on things I think things could be opened up slowly and intelligently by region. My personal opinion is May 15th is way to late.

I know of a couple of people that have had no income for 5-6 weeks now because of the shut and the mishandling of not only NYS unemployment but also the federal programs meant for small businesses.

This issue is if you open too early all the work we did to flatten the curve will disappear. We need to be at manageable levels before we re open. Let’s not forget this thing was also way more widespread than we realized even when we did finally shut down

This issue is if you open too early all the work we did to flatten the curve will disappear. We need to be at manageable levels before we re open. Let’s not forget this thing was also way more widespread than we realized even when we did finally shut down

I don’t disagree with you about opening up to early. We can’t open bars and restaurants in one town and not the other because people will travel. Things like that unfortunately need to stay closed longer.

I don’t have the answers or a plan but I was more talking along the lines of small crews of construction, landscaper, pool installers. Jobs and business where we can maintain social distancing but also start to get things moving again and my personal opinion is May 15th is a little longer than it needs to be.

No doubt the closures and social distancing helped “flatten the curve” and reduced the amount of people that got it and as a product of that died from it and it would be a shame to just open everything and go back to square one.

• Like 2

I don’t disagree with you about opening up to early. We can’t open bars and restaurants in one town and not the other because people will travel. Things like that unfortunately need to stay closed longer.

I don’t have the answers or a plan but I was more talking along the lines of small crews of construction, landscaper, pool installers. Jobs and business where we can maintain social distancing but also start to get things moving again and my personal opinion is May 15th is a little longer than it needs to be.

No doubt the closures and social distancing helped “flatten the curve” and reduced the amount of people that got it and as a product of that died from it and it would be a shame to just open everything and go back to square one.

Let me ask you this, the governor has basically said on or about may 15th he will slowly start to open certain types of businesses like the ones you described. If it was in your hands to control the fact that thousands might die don’t you think you would take the safer route too?

We are going to open, we are going to survive. Things will get better we just have to be smart about it.