First bird dog

ATbuckhunter

We have a 1.5 and 2.5 year old. Hands down one of the best breeds I’ve ever owned. Definitely a Velcro dog, they never leave your side. Wife loves them so much she got us on a list for a 3rd pup and sent out deposit 

“Velcro dog” - absolutely true. I wouldn’t have it any other way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, NonTypical said:

Hey Steve. I was showing my girlfriend pics of your recently. She had one growing up and wanted to know where you got yours from. I’m thinking it may be time to add another pup to the clan. 

Hey Matt. We got our female from Dusty W in Palmerton,Pa. You’d have to get on a list from them now if you were thinking about a pup in 2021

15 minutes ago, bruno1 said:

Hey Matt. We got our female from Dusty W in Palmerton,Pa. You’d have to get on a list from them now if you were thinking about a pup in 2021

I’m sure. We’ve been breeding our Cavalier and I know all dogs are in high demand right now. I don’t think it would be for this year, but maybe for spring in 22. We are just getting through the puppy stage with our latest addition. 

On 1/22/2021 at 3:39 PM, ATbuckhunter said:

She’s good. Working on potty training and sitting. She catches on very quickly thankfully. Should have sit down very soon and I can work on kennel training

Females always see to learn quicker than the males.

Are you going to get her fixed ?

My Gordon setter is going on 15 now and is all grey in the muzzle.

Seems like yesterday when I was house training him.

10 minutes ago, Shoots100 said:

Females always see to learn quicker than the males.

Are you going to get her fixed ?

My Gordon setter is going on 15 now and is all grey in the muzzle.

Seems like yesterday when I was house training him.

Yeah im more than likely going to have her fixed at a year and a half. I don't think I have the time to do the whole raising a puppy

Awesome you got two.

This is my 2nd GSP.

Thinking about getting another one soon. Gonna be my 1st female GSP.

Figure my boy Zorro would really enjoy a new addition to the family and hopefully give him a shot in the arm (leg) & maybe get another year or two.

Man, GSPs are such a special breed.

They really are. We are trying a experiment right now where we aren’t letting them on the couch or in the bed..... not my idea nor do I support it.... that being said my wife is now laying on the floor with them

• Like 1

They really are. We are trying a experiment right now where we aren’t letting them on the couch or in the bed..... not my idea nor do I support it.... that being said my wife is now laying on the floor with them

Hah. As to bed, now off limits.
But my 1st GSP, our bed was his bed.
As to couch, my wife gave up - Zorro officially owns the couch!

We have a horseshoe couch in the family room - 3 walls of windows. We could almost set a watch by where our Brittany was sitting on the couch as he rotated to maximize his exposure!

The only bed he was allowed in was my daughter’s. She made a strong argument at 5 that “it’s not fair! I am the only one that has to sleep alone-mommy and daddy sleep together and the twins share a room-Trico should sleep with me.” Every night he would dutifully jump in her bed, lay down with her and when she fell asleep, he would jump down from the bed and scratch her door to be let out. He would hang out with us until we went to bed and then go back in her room for the night.

• Like 2

Hah. As to bed, now off limits.
But my 1st GSP, our bed was his bed.
As to couch, my wife gave up - Zorro officially owns the couch!

They have both had free reign of the couch and bed their entire lives. The younger one is getting a bit possessive, trying to become the alpha. 2 days of no bed, no couch. Sitting and woeing before every meal and trip outside, he learned his place real fast

• Like 1

We have a horseshoe couch in the family room - 3 walls of windows. We could almost set a watch by where our Brittany was sitting on the couch as he rotated to maximize his exposure!

The only bed he was allowed in was my daughter’s. She made a strong argument at 5 that “it’s not fair! I am the only one that has to sleep alone-mommy and daddy sleep together and the twins share a room-Trico should sleep with me.” Every night he would dutifully jump in her bed, lay down with her and when she fell asleep, he would jump down from the bed and scratch her door to be let out. He would hang out with us until we went to bed and then go back in her room for the night.

Sounds like a great dog, I think it’s time for another