Bad Parallax?

Anyone ever have this go bad on your scope? My shotgun seems to have this problem, shooting from the ground its dead on to 50y but 15 up in a tree stand i have no idea where the slug went. This started 2yrs ago but thought it was just me getting a little too excited, but last year i had a deer sneak up on me and it was a 20 FOOT shot and it was a clear miss, deer didnt move took another shot aimed little higher thinking i went low............nothing clear miss, deer trotted off to about 15y stopped broadside, took another shot aimed 2 inches above its back, and spine shot it. Its an older scope and i think its time to retire it.

i had a similar issue with a 30.06

when i sight the gun in , i was not on flat land,

i was elevated on a cliff and shot at the board 100 yard out..

@ a friends house.

i brought the gun to a range  i was 3 inches tight grouped off..

but your at half that distance and off by more than that..

do you have a rifled barrell ??? 

try to sight in while up in the tree and then shoot on a flat suface.. see what your outcome is.,

idk why it happened but im sure thee is a scientific answer for it.

The angle of the shot at that close of a range should not have any noticeable effect on the point of impact.  If your scope is mounted in high mounts, it might shoot 2 or 3" low at 10 feet or less, but the angle shouldn't matter.

Sounds as if you hit a branch or other object that threw the slug off.  I base that on the fact the gun did exactly what I expect it would do when you fired it at the deer at 15 yards.  But if you're sure you didn't, you need to test it from your elevated platform to see where it is shooting.

Doesn't sound like there is a parallax or scope issue to me, since it's dead on at 50 consistently.