2020 Forage/Mushroom page

crappyice

• 2 weeks later...

LBM(little brown mushroom).
You may be confusing it with a Liberty Cap(psilocybin)which I don't think it is.
When in doubt, throw it out. If you really want me to I will look through my books, but I've never been interested in psilocybes.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

LBM(little brown mushroom).
You may be confusing it with a Liberty Cap(psilocybin)which I don't think it is.
When in doubt, throw it out. If you really want me to I will look through my books, but I've never been interested in psilocybes.

I mean even if it’s magic I won’t eat it but I would be curious to see what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Actually I'll recant my statement about never being interested in psilocybin mushrooms because I've been doing some research on a concept of micro dosing a nootropic stack introduced by renowned mycologist Paul Stamets. The 3 ingredient for the "stack" are psilocybin mushrooms, lions mane mushrooms and niacin. It's super interesting and is labeled as a cognitive enhancer. He has videos on you tube and he also did an interview on the Joe Jogan podcast and on TEDMED.
As we all know, mushrooms have a plethora of health benefits, but I think fungi research will lead to medical breakthroughs. After all, fungi DNA more closely resembles the DNA of humans than it does plants.
If I do try "the stack" I'll post my findings.

• Like 1

My first coral mushroom find. Anyone ever try them? I heard dust in flour dip in egg and flower again and fry..20200627_184945.thumb.jpg.189f9cac5acbf546f17726312d582092.jpg20200627_184951.thumb.jpg.7eb9639ddd23607dea13264d84143348.jpg

I liked them just sautéed in some butter and garlic. Makes for a great plate presentation if you do a venison and shrimp surf and turf!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I liked them just sautéed in some butter and garlic. Makes for a great plate presentation if you do a venison and shrimp surf and turf!

Headed out on a shroom walk tomorrow  had 5 days of rain.. some should be popping

• Like 2

21 hours ago, crappyice said:

Did them sauteed in butter and chives. Had for lunch , nice flavor to them

Did find a bolete with friend I gave to him  as he found one as well. FB_IMG_1593385524255.thumb.jpg.cef85aa793884695934ce66b1c2c9bb8.jpgFB_IMG_1593385528448.thumb.jpg.5752303d05833169f05b2d08d14166fc.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, crappyice said:

I miss [mention]PREDATE [/mention]
He would confirm or warn against all my fungi finds!!! Now it’s a real roll of the dice!

Wny mycology club on fb ,is helpful but you will be dealing with Latin scholars....

Looks like a hen of woods  minus color...

Edited by G-Man

G-man may have meant chicken of the woods and I can see the resemblance. Often only the margin(outer edges) are tender enough for eating.

I’ve picked plenty of chickens and hens of the woods. Pic may not show it well but this definitely didn’t have the feathering of hens/chickens

I’ve picked plenty of chickens and hens of the woods. Pic may not show it well but this definitely didn’t have the feathering of hens/chickens

It's likely a Berkeley's Polypore.