Barnes not selling bullets to NY residents?

Rattler

Tipped TSX

100-PERCENT COPPER BODY

Since its introduction in 2003, Barnes' TSX Bullet has earned a reputation as "the perfect hunting bullet." Now, Barnes has improved on perfection by adding a streamlined polymer tip.

The new Tipped TSX features the same 100-percent copper body with multiple rings cut into the shank. It delivers the same gnat's-eyelash accuracy and "dead right there" performance—but with an added polymer tip that boosts BC and improves long-range ballistics. The tip and a re-engineered nose cavity provide even faster expansion. Complete penetration, virtually 100-percent weight retention and four razor-sharp cutting petals that double bullet diameter means the new Tipped TSX creates more internal damage than any competing bullet. Instant expansion and perfect penetration ensures cleaner, quicker kills. The Barnes Tipped TSX—accept no imitations.

• 100% lead-free
  • Grooved for lower pressures
  • Higher ballistic coefficient
  • Deadly accuracy
  • 99-100% weight retention

30185 30187 30188 30208 30218 30220 30240 30242 30271 30274 30276 30296 30298 30300 30303 30362 30364 30366 30368 30370 30372 30400 30424 30426 30428 30430 30459 30461 30475 30484 30519 30996 30642

This product is not for sale in California, Connecticut, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Washington, or Washington, D.C. This product is not for sale to anyone under 21 years of age.

IN STOCK
SKU 
TTSX

Tipped TSX
Just happen to get an e-mail from Barnes about reloading while sitting at home during the virus and decided to look into some bullets.  Was quite surprised to see they won't ship to NY.  They're BULLETS, not cartridges.  Either NY changed their law, or manufacturers won't take a chance since the law is so hard to understand.

I've had these shipped directly to me by a catalog house within the last year.

Edited by Rattler

1 hour ago, Belo said:

Let me introduce you to the corporate world, where it's all about money and liability. 

That's what I'm saying.  It doesn't make any sense for them to not ship their product due to state imposed liability and refuse money.  The laws make no sense.

1 hour ago, rachunter said:

Did you get an email from Them or try to order bullets and got denied?

I received an e-mail directly from Barnes suggesting I reload to pass the time at home.  I'm on their e-mail list.  I started looking into what I might need and found what I posted in the OP.

I'm still out there every day so I'm not stuck at home, but found it weird they would send it out as a suggestion for people under lock down, only to tell many of them they won't ship to them.

Yet catalog companies will.

Hmmm it sure seems like they won’t ship to areas on shut down from CO19. I’m not smart enough to figure something like that out unfortunately. 

I don’t see what the shut down has to do with shipping hunting bullets. I’ve been getting all kinds of reloading equipment shipped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I've been told by a couple of catalog outlets they will not ship to NY because the laws are too convoluted to be certain what is legal and what isn't.  So they simply say they won't take the chance.  Hell, even the police in NY are not certain what is legal and what isn't.  Lately they just arrest people and let them have their lawyer figure it out in court.  Costs you lots of cash, but the police and the state don't lose a dime, in fact they gain by making a lot of people figure exercising your rights isn't worth the hassle.  Seems to me that has been the intent from the start.

34 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Lately they just arrest people and let them have their lawyer figure it out in court.  Costs you lots of cash, but the police and the state don't lose a dime, in fact they gain by making a lot of people figure exercising your rights isn't worth the hassle.  Seems to me that has been the intent from the start.

Links to recent arrests?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rattler said:

That's what I'm saying.  It doesn't make any sense for them to not ship their product due to state imposed liability and refuse money.  The laws make no sense.

i was trying to explain why they would let a distributor ship them and not ship them directly themselves. win win for them minus whatever percentage a distributor takes off the top or discount for buying in bulk etc. 

4 minutes ago, Belo said:

i was trying to explain why they would let a distributor ship them and not ship them directly themselves. win win for them minus whatever percentage a distributor takes off the top or discount for buying in bulk etc. 

I understand why they do it.  I just don't understand why the public tolerates such laws.

1 hour ago, Rattler said:

I understand why they do it.  I just don't understand why the public tolerates such laws.

i mean we've tried protesting and stuff without success. I dislike them too, in fact it was one of the reason I moved out of the state. All we can do is vote or stage a coup... and i'm just too tired and busy for the later. 

7 hours ago, rachunter said:

I don’t see what the shut down has to do with shipping hunting bullets. I’ve been getting all kinds of reloading equipment shipped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There have been many disruptions to the shipping industry so it was a guess. 

So get this these guys have a phone number and they answer any questions you have if you call it!!!!

So the answer I got was it’s a blanket statement on their web site, their site doesn’t differentiate between ammo and components. Meanwhile it is legal to ship to NY but I didn’t explain that to him. There is no law stopping them from shipping to us, sounds lazy and as belo said a way to avert any issue. 

Mystery solved!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1