blackbeltbill

SAVAGE 301- 410 GAUGE WITH TURKEY MASTER.

I bought one in 20GA last April. Personally, for the price I paid, I could have gotten a nice used pump, but I was limited to shops that were open. I have wanted a 20GA single shot for years, and finally made the decision to buy one.

It's light! Even for a 20GA turkey loads had a little thump to them. But it sure carries lighter them my 12Ga auto-loader. Shoulders fast as well.

I don't have any range target shots, but the choke keeps the pattern a little tight out to 35yards with Winchester Double X 3" #4. I think I may end up buying a basic full choke to loosen the pattern up a little. I just used the rail and front bead for this past Spring, no scope yet.

I also picked up a cylinder choke to use rifled slugs from this shotgun, so I will be adding a scope before deer season this year.

Couple of pictures from this past Spring using it:

514th10.jpg

514th12.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

I bought one in 20GA last April. Personally, for the price I paid, I could have gotten a nice used pump, but I was limited to shops that were open. I have wanted a 20GA single shot for years, and finally made the decision to buy one.

It's light! Even for a 20GA turkey loads had a little thump to them. But it sure carries lighter them my 12Ga auto-loader. Shoulders fast as well.

I don't have any range target shots, but the choke keeps the pattern a little tight out to 35yards with Winchester Double X 3" #4. I think I may end up buying a basic full choke to loosen the pattern up a little. I just used the rail and front bead for this past Spring, no scope yet.

I also picked up a cylinder choke to use rifled slugs from this shotgun, so I will be adding a scope before deer season this year.

Couple of pictures from this past Spring using it:

514th10.jpg

514th12.jpg

I have the 12 Gauge version Model 301. All Black. Very Light and yes-- it Thumps. Never taken any game with it yet. A old Comp-n-choke fits like a glove. I want to use this 301 on Squirrels first and possibly Fall Turkey. I have shot it with light Dove Loads mostly. Twice with Turkey Loads and it Thumps.