Stump Grinding?

biggamefish

I think i paid 100 for a decent sized silver maple , the issue i had was the guy didnt remove enough of the chips and put dirt over them ,it took a few years to get grass to grow there ,most of what grew in is weeds though. 

I’ve had somewhere around 20  ground in my yard , and I have no clue !  Most were not done by the guys who took trees down , a secondary crew came , to many years ago to recall price .

Last  year I had three trees taken down , before that guy could return at a later date to grind , a guy driving by to grind some down the street ,offered to do the one in the front yard ( the only one visible to him ) for $50 , probably 16-18 diameter.

That was way cheap from  what I recall .

Ive never had anyone remove the grindings , I always took care of that , something to consider when pricing it out .

If you are a do it yourself kind of person you can rent a stump grinder for about $100 for the day. Might be worth it if you have multiple stumps to remove. I did that at the last house when we took down 2 big pine trees. 

• Like 1

Call your neighbors too, you might get a group deal. One time at my first house we didn't have much extra cash and there were 3 very visible stumps in the front yard. The neighbor was getting some ground up and the guy from the crew came over and knocked on my door asking if I was interested while he was already there with the crew and equipment. I think we settled on $60 or $100 for 3. 2 were pretty old and rotted, which I imagine makes it much easier.  I remember it being reasonable and I was happy and so was he. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Belo said:

Call your neighbors too, you might get a group deal. One time at my first house we didn't have much extra cash and there were 3 very visible stumps in the front yard. The neighbor was getting some ground up and the guy from the crew came over and knocked on my door asking if I was interested while he was already there with the crew and equipment. I think we settled on $60 or $100 for 3. 2 were pretty old and rotted, which I imagine makes it much easier.  I remember it being reasonable and I was happy and so was he. 

We just had three houses on our street do that, the guy was thrilled. I do the same with driveway sealing

Edited by The_Real_TCIII

3 hours ago, Belo said:

12 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

We just had three houses on our street do that, the guy was thrilled. I do the same with driveway sealing

That sounds awful! 

I would have to talk to my neighbors then. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1