*VIDEO* A tour through my hinge cutting bedding area

VIDEO BELOW
(click the gear icon or 3 dots for settings and put in 1080 HD)

Here is an inside tour on my personal property where I have created a 1 acre hinge cut bedding area located right off of a small hidden pond and within a 130 yard proximity of some great buck bedding on a large point. This bedding area is 1 month old and will grow pretty quickly with the reduced canopy. There is a great deal of sun light reaching the forest floor and new shoots from the hinge cuts will grow vertically. This spot creates loads of natural browse while creating a safe haven for deer to bed in at all times of the year. I have 2 more 1 acre locations on this parcel strategically located, very similar to this one. I will have to maintain this bedding every year with trails and beds during shed season / spring time to ensure proper usage. In the process I released some very nice white and red oaks to benefit them and reduce their growing competition. I can see the light is already producing some good ground cover along with many, many white / red acorns sprouting with beneficial light that will aid in their growing process.
stay tuned for more videos and feel free to reach out to me with any questions regarding improving your land or buying and selling land.

PS: I do not recommend hinge cutting for everyone. Some parcels should consider starting out with some TSI and some select harvesting first. Its a good idea to know your tree species on your land and the value they have before reducing your canopy.

• Like 5

Just now, Splitear_Leland said:

This is great. I was reading Petersen's Bowhunting the other day and they were talking about hinge-cut bedding areas, and I had no idea what it was referring to. Thanks for sharing!

Anytime! glad you liked it. I will be making some more videos about it and posting videos of the progress during the first year. 

• Like 1