ground blinds

Looking for reviews on groundblinds from other users, favorites least liked. etc.

Any that stand up to snow fall; and dont collapse, Ease of shooting bow out of,

Able to withstand winds and not blow away. Getting older and know my treestand climbing days are coming to an end,

Thanks for any replies.

Just picked up the Comfort Zone Predator blind at Dick's for $39. It was on sale for $49.98 and I had a $10 coupon. It's 5'x5 square and 66" high inside dimensions. I was able to draw my bow without a problem. Accommodates up to 2 hunters. Compared to the field & stream magnum 2 man only difference is 1" in higher in the magnum and its $99. The rest of the dimensions are the same. Easy pop up and take down. The predator blind has shoot through screens for fixed blades only.

Edited by Deerthug

How do you draw a bow in a 5' space? Do you stick the arrow out the window before drawing?

I would have to open the rear window in a 5' space, but then whats the point of being in a blind at all then... Edited by SteveNY

I have hunted exclusively on the ground this yr but don't like to use a ground blind. i find them a pain and they stick out. This time of the season is great there is so much 'soft' brush where I hunt that often I can stomp down some weeds that I can sit down in (might need a bucket or stool) and see through. the key is having a near perfect entry route, being down wind, and being absolutely still, and the Lord sending something your way. I have been blessed with lots of deer in range just not a shooter yet.

• Like 1

I have hunted exclusively on the ground this yr but don't like to use a ground blind. i find them a pain and they stick out. This time of the season is great there is so much 'soft' brush where I hunt that often I can stomp down some weeds that I can sit down in (might need a bucket or stool) and see through. the key is having a near perfect entry route, being down wind, and being absolutely still, and the Lord sending something your way. I have been blessed with lots of deer in range just not a shooter yet.

I have been a ground-stander for a few decades now. I developed a pretty significant fear of heights that finally kept me out of the trees. That little problem made me develop some effective ground standing techniques that have produced a fair amount of success, and a real appreciation for the super-excitement of being at ground level, eyeball-to-eyeball, with all kinds of deer.

I was a little slow to get into the "pop-up" style of ground blind, but starting last year, I have added this item into my groundstand hunting. Most of my hunting is still using natural blinds, but these things have their place.

One thing that may not occur to everyone is that these blinds do offer some level of rain protection that can possibly save a hunting day that otherwise might tempt you to stay in the house. Properly brushed in and concealed, these blinds can be a useful addition to anyone's hunting gear.