2 turkey hunters shot

Red

1 minute ago, Jeremy K said:

How does this happen ? You have to be so close to the target to make a successful shot .

The article someone sent me said there were 2 guys who went to hunt land and noticed decoys out as they turned around they were shot.

9 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

How does this happen ? You have to be so close to the target to make a successful shot .

I can only say how it happened to my friend and his son many years ago . They decided to move to a different spot, while walking through the woods they kicked up a Tom. The Tom ran , then started to fly , at that point another hunter shot at the bird, hitting my friend and son  who were down range from the bird .

Son took some shot to the face , buddy I don’t remember ,a few in upper body I think .

The little turkey hunting I do, I wear orange when walking , and use a light in the dark , this is on privet posted land .

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I can only say how it happened to my friend and his son many years ago . They decided to move to a different spot, while walking through the woods they kicked up a Tom. The Tom ran , then started to fly , at that point another hunter shot at the bird, hitting my friend and son  who were down range from the bird .

Son took some shot to the face , buddy I don’t remember ,a few in upper body I think .

The little turkey hunting I do, I wear orange when walking , and use a light in the dark , this is on privet posted land .

Same. Even though i don't need flashlight on private land most mornings deer or turkey, i flick it on and off on my walk in. When I'm on the move during daylight hours I put big orange hat on

• Like 2

• I hope their both going to be ok.  
    Years ago in my county Cayuga A retired professor from the local community college was out turkey hunting and got shot in the back he ended up in the hospital and ended up dying from his complications people need to be sure about what they are shooting at and what’s behind it even turkey hunting.  
  • Like 5

This always amazes me, I just don't get it. We use lights in the dark and wear orange whenever we are moving and sometimes hang an orange hat close by when sitting on the ground.  Posted private land, but people roam, it's just not worth it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

On Wednesday,2 Hunters came in to my Clucks and, I had to tell out Hunter. And Yesterday over at Stewart while I was 30 Yards in a Swamp and off a Field Edge, I had another Hunter Tracking my Cutts + Yelps after a Gobbler that was close went Silent.  He came Close! I yelled out BOB! Then , I moved away and his Yelping still came close to the Swamp. I then yelled out HUNTER.     I got the F#$& out of there.     Now about 20 minutes later as, I finally made it to the Dirt Road, I found a Diaphragm case with 3 Mouth Diaphragms and right around the road Bend stood 4 Turkey Hunters who obviously knew each other very well and probably had Different close by sections to hunt.      I was about to ask whose Diaphragms these were when one Guy asked in an Angry Tone- Did you Hear that Gobbler?  I answered - We all Did. I said, I was in a Swamp. He Snapped back-- Which Swamp?!  I then said-- I Hear That Tone... He Snapped back-- what Tone!  Then said, I- I think, I am going to keep walking. And, I did.  One of his 3 Buddies who looked to be in his mid- 40s then said-- Are you  Bill? You look like someone I went to High School with.       I think he recognized my face from this Site...             I guarantee that the Guy who did the Talking and earlier ran across an open field to close on that Gobbler and my position with that Raspy Diaphragm Yelping the whole way was the guy who tracked my Hen Yelping.        It seems like Safety in the Spring Woods is not what it was...      The Guy who did the Talking never would have without his 3 Buddies Standing Close by.     Barron Road South at Stewart. Pic upcoming.

I read this hoping the ending would be that tuned up all three of those guys while chewing on their diaphragm calls

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

The Guy who ran across the Field while Raspy Yelping and tracked my Hen Call was probably one of the 4 above. Probably the Guy who did the Talking.   Be safe out there members.

20200508_120113.jpg

Im not Dr. Fauci but maybe dont pick up mouth calls, retainers, snorkels, novelty vampire teeth etc until this is over

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

It always makes my blood boil when I read about hunting "accidents"; one has a moral, ethical and legal responsibility when one pulls the trigger to KNOW if the shot is safe, morally and ethically sound and within the legal framework... 

If one can't answer those questions to an absolute certainty than NO SHOT should be taken.  We all can "what if" these incidents forever; but the responsibility falls upon the shooter ultimately.

Hope for a speedy recovery for all !!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I read this hoping the ending would be that tuned up all three of those guys while chewing on their diaphragm calls

Yeah, one would figure he'd karate chop those bums to submission.  All he got out of it was possible Corona virus by picking up those slimey diaphragms.  :)

How in the world can 2 hunters walking away be mistaken for a turkey, especially with one being shot in the face and the other in the back? Either the shooting was deliberate or at the least reckless and I hope the shooter is criminally prosecuted in addition to losing his license for life. He is also a coward for running away and not facing up for his actions, but I'm sure that will be shortlived. I hope the 2 hunters who were shot recover swiftly and completely. This type of incident should never occur and never would if all hunters observed the basic safety rules.     valoroutdoors.com 

• Like 1