2 turkey hunters shot

Red

I've been shot over twice.  Both times being down hill of someone shooting at a bird. One a bird we both seemed to be working.

The second time was two birds for fighting for a bit just p hill from me. I could only see glimpses, lots of flapping and spurring going on. The fight ended and one came towards me. The loser of the fight I guess went the other way and ran into another hunter. 

Both times the shot was well over my head in the trees, but quite startling and not fun. 

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Black powder shotgun I wonder if that’s correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Often that means someone who's a "prohibited person" instead of a muzzle loading enthusiast.

As a side note, I shot myself in the face with a shotgun once. ;) 

Not fun. There was an ongoing debate about shooting bowling pins with bird shot, and was it safe or not. I had a shotgun match coming up and felt it was best not to trust either side of an internet debate. So I tested the theory myself. I IMMEDIATELY learned it was a mistake. Face, neck, arms. Good thing for safety glasses. No penetrations, but some blood and a good bit of pain. 

Edited by cas
  • Like 1

I've been shot over twice.  Both times being down hill of someone shooting at a bird. One a bird we both seemed to be working.
The second time was two birds for fighting for a bit just p hill from me. I could only see glimpses, lots of flapping and spurring going on. The fight ended and one came towards me. The loser of the fight I guess went the other way and ran into another hunter. 
Both times the shot was well over my head in the trees, but quite startling and not fun. 

Often that means someone who's a "prohibited person" instead of a muzzle loading enthusiast.

As a side note, I shot myself in the face with a shotgun once.  
Not fun. There was an ongoing debate about shooting bowling pins with bird shot, and was it safe or not. I had a shotgun match coming up and felt it was best not to trust either side of an internet debate. So I tested the theory myself. I IMMEDIATELY learned it was a mistake. Face, neck, arms. Good thing for safety glasses. No penetrations, but some blood and a good bit of pain. 

We are going to need a separate thread...

Black powder shotgun I wonder if that’s correct

Yes, I agree, I have never seen one of these
"12-gauge black powder gun with turkey shot."

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Einsamer Krieger said:

This should never happen!!  1. You must identify the target, especially in the Spring, only Toms are legal.

2.  Know your target and what is beyond, no excuses!!!

3.. Never shoot at a Turkey while in flight!   Too many variables!!

Only bearded birds are legal. Hens or toms. 

But this accident should never have occurred. 

• Like 1

Yes, I agree, I have never seen one of these
"12-gauge black powder gun with turkey shot."

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Taco Tim was selling one in here last year, I know they are out there but figured this might be just another example of the media’s ignorance of firearms. If he’s a felon that makes sense