Is there a way to mount an optic on this Shotgun?

I have been spending way to much time on gunbroker Lately. I purchased this Weatherby Element in 20 GA. Is there a way to mount a red dot on it without getting it drilled and tapped? Anyone ever mount an optic on the rib? I have looked for bracket mounts like I have for my scope on my 870 slug gun but it doesn't look like anyone makes one for this model yet...

https://weatherby.com/store/element-synthetic/

• Like 1

I have been spending way to much time on gunbroker Lately. I purchased this Weatherby Element in 20 GA. Is there a way to mount a red dot on it without getting it drilled and tapped? Anyone ever mount an optic on the rib? I have looked for bracket mounts like I have for my scope on my 870 slug gun but it doesn't look like anyone makes one for this model yet...
https://weatherby.com/store/element-synthetic/
Get a saddle

Call Me The Teflon Don

Hunter007

• Elite NY Hunter
  •  
  • Hunter007
  • Members
  • 5790 posts

Couldn't find anything stock  to mount a red dot or scope on this new shotgun I bought  didn't want to risk trying to drill or tape it .

So I figured I try and make something to clamp on it .

Came up with this started with some plastic that I heat formed to the shape of the gun then used .05   5052  aluminum bent  it around a pipe that was the same diameter as plastic sandwich it together  I used plastic on inside and a  layer of black duck tape   to keep it  from scratching the gun .  20191013_213523.thumb.jpg.7ead70028bec155815018baa9a6db5b5.jpg

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Hunter007

• Elite NY Hunter
  •  
  • Hunter007
  • Members
  • 5790 posts

Couldn't find anything stock  to mount a red dot or scope on this new shotgun I bought  didn't want to risk trying to drill or tape it .

So I figured I try and make something to clamp on it .

Came up with this started with some plastic that I heat formed to the shape of the gun then used .05   5052  aluminum bent  it around a pipe that was the same diameter as plastic sandwich it together  I used plastic on inside and a  layer of black duck tape   to keep it  from scratching the gun .  20191013_213523.thumb.jpg.7ead70028bec155815018baa9a6db5b5.jpg

Close the thread , Storm solved this issue years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Close the thread , Storm solved this issue years ago. 

LOL, I almost mentioned I had considered the Storm method but decided against it.....I am thinking about taping a toilet paper tube to the top....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Look for a shim style mount that goes between the stock and receiver. Moog turned me on to them although I still havent ordered it yet

https://www.burrisoptics.com/mounting-systems/mounts-and-bases/speedbead-mounts

They don't have any Weatherby models listed. I sent them an email asking if any of the mounts will work with this shotgun. Hopefully they will get back to me....

• Like 1