Bullseye!

wooly

never had an issue with ticks  in my area of central NY (4f) in all the years I have been going up there. But in last few years its been getting worse. Went up to camp two weeks ago and was doing some clean up work and pulled 10 off me. These mild winters are causing a tick explosion, the state really needs to do something.  Those son of bitches are even harder to kill, ever try to crush one between your fingers, thier indestructible little bastards.

• Like 1

First time for me!:smoke:
Doc says it could be a month or more old which would put me right back to my only tic infested shed hunt this year back in mid March.
Just started the Doxycycline today and follow up with bloodwork next month.
The pup picked up a handful the same hike, but has been tic free since her Seresto collar.
All my years in these woods I've NEVER seen them like this before.
DSC_0598.JPG.06be0bda74248c69c358d9f3d17fe065.JPG
DSC_0599.JPG.e9e5cea500b1f9c3f0ac40bfceb13cdd.JPG
atic.jpg.d5678a3b3da73f72f7579516c2d08704.jpg
atic2.jpg.1abc796a725e4d99cc07081812bee22f.jpg
atic3.jpg.3e979ac921e7992a81a0ecc6a68c6ea1.jpg
That's definitely a bad one

Call Me The Teflon Don

33 minutes ago, wooly said:

One more thing that's probably worth mentioning in all this.

My insurance was dragging their feet getting the Doxycycline approved for me when prescribed last week.

Sis took it upon herself to call the pharmacy and bitch about the delay, and ask the price of the meds to purchase them out of pocket.

The pharmacist told her a 2 week supply would be $180. Sis continued on with her angry outburst and the pharmacist found a way to cut the cost down to $68.

Still not satisfied with that, sis continued to give them hell, and by the end of their conversation I got the pills for $30 and didn't have to wait any longer for insurance approval!:imsohappy:

I hope the Doxycycline works better for you than the Amoxicillin.