Finally found a videographer

I’ve been doing interviewing/100 questioning a few videographers to follow me for a week in the ADK’s since the end time last hunting season. I have one high school friend and one female friend that swears she’s willing to follow me for a week next deer season with a video camera. I’ve had some other individuals swear/promise a week of videoing that fell through. So I have my doubts but I’m willing to pay a premium for a quality videographer to follow me for a week in the ADK’s. With my disabilities I know my time/prime is dwindling. When I get on a fresh track that looks promising I feel like I’m 20 again but after 5-10 days I feel the same old thing I feel like in 33 with a severe spinal disorder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Hope it all works.  That would be cool. 

It would be cool, but the up front cost/ someone willing to endure it for a week with very little/no return on investment makes it very hard to write a check. I would absolutely love to have a video/documentary of a week of me in the big woods but the up front cost/ return on that cost makes it very difficult to rationalize the initial investment. Especially for the very limited market that wants to watch me follow a deer track through the big woods.

3 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

It would be cool, but the up front cost/ someone willing to endure it for a week with very little/no return on investment makes it very hard to write a check. I would absolutely love to have a video/documentary of a week of me in the big woods but the up front cost/ return on that cost makes it very difficult to rationalize the initial investment. Especially for the very limited market that wants to watch me follow a deer track through the big woods.

Well GoPro’s have come a long way and they make a chest mount. Hint hint.. 

• Like 2

Go with the chick....That way if the hunting's slow...………..

Haha, you and I think alike!

I think she’s going to work out if I can get her for the right week. She’s a college student that does some filming on the side. Avid hiker, enjoys the outdoors but has never hunted or been around hunting. I think with her not being a hunter she’s going to be able to see it from a completely different perspective and hopefully make a good video Because of that.

• Like 1

Sounds awesome but why not a cinematographer ? Not trying to be funny, I just think they take it one step further and make it like a movie

I actually think that’s going to be more the direction it goes, if it goes at all. Apparently there is a large market in the short film world that I didn’t know anything about, I believe she called them “film festival’s.” I’m sure there’s not many hunting videos at these things tho.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I have hours of gopro videos and it’s just not the same.

You should post to you tube of what you have, I would watch it . 

4 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:
13 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:
Just curious....what do you think upfront costs will run ya?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

For someone that does it for a living 5-10k with edits.

With approximately 5 months til hunting season maybe a go-fund me account??? Just a thought.

I have a close friend who films for a hunting show out of MO, he also does his own self filming and photography business for many different events. Mx, Weddings, Models etc.. If your interested I can leave you his info? He is back home in NY currently during this pandemic situation.. He does Great work.. 

Huntlinetv is the name of the show if you want to take a peek.. 

• 4 weeks later...

A quick update, I paid a deposit to a young lady that is very interested and motivated. She has some flexibility on dates but as of now I have locked her in for the 3rd week of Nov.

I really hope this works out. This could work out very well for both of us. She’s a very liberal college student that has a good amount of filming experience but zero hunting experience. She’s never stepped foot in the woods outside of a city park and never been around a gun let alone fired one. I really hope that her looking at this from a non hunter point of view that she will be able to capture things from a completely different angle than the run of the mill hunting videos that are already out there.

Now I just have to hope for favorable conditions for that week or else I will have wasted a good bit of money and time but it’s a risk That I think is worth it.

• Like 4

A quick update, I paid a deposit to a young lady that is very interested and motivated. She has some flexibility on dates but as of now I have locked her in for the 3rd week of Nov.

I really hope this works out. This could work out very well for both of us. She’s a very liberal college student that has a good amount of filming experience but zero hunting experience. She’s never stepped foot in the woods outside of a city park and never been around a gun let alone fired one. I really hope that her looking at this from a non hunter point of view that she will be able to capture things from a completely different angle than the run of the mill hunting videos that are already out there.

Now I just have to hope for favorable conditions for that week or else I will have wasted a good bit of money and time but it’s a risk That I think is worth it.

How will she keep up? Will she have the right clothes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 5/11/2020 at 9:01 PM, Buckmaster7600 said:

I’ve been doing interviewing/100 questioning a few videographers to follow me for a week in the ADK’s since the end time last hunting season. I have one high school friend and one female friend that swears she’s willing to follow me for a week next deer season with a video camera. I’ve had some other individuals swear/promise a week of videoing that fell through. So I have my doubts but I’m willing to pay a premium for a quality videographer to follow me for a week in the ADK’s. With my disabilities I know my time/prime is dwindling. When I get on a fresh track that looks promising I feel like I’m 20 again but after 5-10 days I feel the same old thing I feel like in 33 with a severe spinal disorder.

What's the plan for the footage?

On 5/11/2020 at 9:01 PM, Buckmaster7600 said:

I would love to tag along with with someone like you and learn tips on how to...

[i have never hunted, and a total n00b, and probably would be annoying asking a million questions and ruin your hunt lol]

Good luck on finding a videographers, they are not cheap.