Watch MeatEater?

RyanT

What I like about Rinella and his show is he actually goes "hunting" something that is missing a lot these days. To each their own but sitting in a blind with all the comforts of home shooting lured game is not hunting to me.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 3

love the show and the podcast. How he ties hunting into food, soul searching, comradery is brilliant. It does a lot to help insulate us from the anti's usual attacks. When you make a 30 minute episode, dont kill anything and still enjoy the episode, that's when you're doing it right.

• Like 5

The only hunting show I really watch. I love his passion for preparing, cooking and eating the game. The enjoyment he shows in spending time hunting with others. I feel he would be a great companion on a hunting trip.

• Like 3

There were a couple episodes based in Alaska, hunting caribou. The host was with a son and father team.  At one point on a beautiful day they had a great bull caribou wander above them, and the father(who was with the host) didnt even reach for his rifle,  He said to the effect, "my hunt is complete. It just cant get any better than this", as the bull wandered away.

that is what it is about.

Later in the episode, the father does shoot a big bull, and it was fine to see the gentleman truly get overwhelmed and pay his respects to his game after his success, as opposed to idiots high fiving and  hooting it up. Even my wife enjoys watching the show, who could care otherwise.

• Like 3

There were a couple episodes based in Alaska, hunting caribou. The host was with a son and father team.  At one point on a beautiful day they had a great bull caribou wander above them, and the father(who was with the host) didnt even reach for his rifle,  He said to the effect, "my hunt is complete. It just cant get any better than this", as the bull wandered away.
that is what it is about.
Later in the episode, the father does shoot a big bull, and it was fine to see the gentleman truly get overwhelmed and pay his respects to his game after his success, as opposed to idiots high fiving and  hooting it up. Even my wife enjoys watching the show, who could care otherwise.

Janny Putelis and dad. Great episode for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/13/2020 at 11:12 AM, Belo said:

When you make a 30 minute episode, dont kill anything and still enjoy the episode, that's when you're doing it right.

I think the first episode I ever saw was one where he didn't get anything, I thought "Hmm... this is something different. "

Probably one of the most talked about episodes by folks is the one where he doesn't shoot the bear. 

When I tell people about the show, I describe it as 75% hunting show, 25% cooking show. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Rinella and the guys over at THP are refreshing. Rinella seems to have become an ambassador for the sport. Not only does he put out content with MeatEater, but he has cook books, does appearances on more main stream media (if you can call Joe Rogan main stream), does appearances (anyone else watch that one where he shuts down the vegan?), and now is launching Meat Eater edition knives and rifles. If we need someone to be the face of the sport, I'm glad it's him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cachemoney said:

There are 5 new episodes available today on Netflix. There is also a movie by Rinella named "Stars In The Sky, A Hunting Story" that is pretty good on there as well.

cant wait to watch them. have to finish the last 2 episodes of yellowstone first. didn't know stars in the sky made it, i've been wanting to watch that but didn't want to pay haha

• 5 months later...