Loss of our house dog

Salmon_Run

So sorry to hear about Dunkin. They give us so much love while we have them in our lives. When the time comes to say goodbye, it breaks our heart. I've had to say goodbye to some good dogs. And I hope that when my time comes to cross the bridge, they will be there waiting.

All of us pet lovers share your grief today Salmon_Run. 

• Like 1

Thank you all, your kinds words and thoughts are more healing than any of you will never know.

I have had other dogs and still have two "working dogs"; but Dunkin had a tighter grip on our heart strings and attachment with our entire family and friends. Dunkin gave his love to all that knew him and was a bright spot in this house and we will feel that void, and deep loss for forever. Dunkin was allowed to have free roam of our house and unlimited use of my side of the bed when I wasn't occupying it and loved his "family couch"... 

My sincerest thanks and best wishes to all that responded,

Dan

28 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Dan

It has been 7 months since we went through the same thing with our dog and she was to us like you describe your relationship with yours. Trust me when I say it doesn't get any easier. I miss her as much today as the day she passed and there will be a empty place in my heart for the rest of my life. I still think of her and look for her everyday as I am sure you will to. A dog like that can never be replaced. My condolences.

Thank you so very much....

Again all, thank you so very-very much; I know that many of us out there are struggling and have losses and I greatly appreciate those who reached out to me and helped with my grief process; words can never express my heartfelt gratitude.

One can only fully appreciate the loss of "man's best friend" and the vacuum that voids leaves behind unless one has experienced that loss themselves, our house will forever have a void that can't be completely filled by the loss of Dunkin. He was a truly loving dog that was a best friend.

Best wishes all and I hope all stay safe.

Dan

• Like 2

Thanks again guys; tomorrow his ashes will return home with the ones he loved and that loved him. Our plans are to have an urn at home and at camp as that was a very special place for him as well. I've owned several canine companions; however our connection was  much deeper with him.

His love for camp encompassed hanging out on "our" couch and watching the wood-stove fire..

This picture was from this last Easter; we plan to head to camp this weekend and know the tears will flow and we'll speak of great memories.. 

IMG_1607 (3).JPG

Edited by Salmon_Run
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Salmon_Run said:

Thanks again guys; tomorrow his ashes will return home with the ones he loved and that loved him. Our plans are to have an urn at home and at camp as that was a very special place for him as well. I've owned several canine companions; however our connection was  much deeper with him.

His love for camp encompassed hanging out on "our" couch and watching the wood-stove fire..

This picture was from this last Easter; we plan to head to camp this weekend and know the tears will flow and well speak of great memories.. 

IMG_1607 (3).JPG

I'm headed to camp also this weekend. Mac will be with me and my daughter. His resting place for sure. Along with us will be Oakley my new pup. He doesn't take Mac's place but just adds to the wonderful feeling of having a canine as your best friend! Good luck this weekend it was tough for me back at camp for the first time without Mac. Here is a pict of Oak! 

RenderedI.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Salmon_Run said:

Our plans are to have an urn at home and at camp as that was a very special place for him as well. I've owned several canine companions; however our connection was  much deeper with him.

If you haven't selected one yet here is a good source with several choices:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/683150711/pet-urn-for-dogs-pet-cremation-urn-for?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_christmas_All_Products&utm_custom1=a5c0dbcf-9f47-4bc0-ba61-5ecb3118b450&utm_content=go_1707294367_69268676569_331635229665_pla-293946777986_c__683150711&utm_custom2=1707294367&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8PzV7IDA6QIVy5-zCh18SQkSEAQYASABEgLK1vD_BwE

https://www.etsy.com/market/cedar_pet_urn

We elected to go with this type in cedar and had it engraved to our liking. It was around $80.00

https://www.etsy.com/listing/507635067/custom-pet-urn-pet-urn-dog-urn-cat-urn?ref=pla_similar_listing_bot-4

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 6:08 PM, First-light said:

I'm headed to camp also this weekend. Mac will be with me and my daughter. His resting place for sure. Along with us will be Oakley my new pup. He doesn't take Mac's place but just adds to the wonderful feeling of having a canine as your best friend! Good luck this weekend it was tough for me back at camp for the first time without Mac. Here is a pict of Oak! 

RenderedI.jpg

Best of luck and thank you; it sounds like you guys truly understand the connection we have. Have a safe weekend and hug Oakley for our family and enjoy !!! 

39 minutes ago, Salmon_Run said:

Best of luck and thank you; it sounds like you guys truly understand the connection we have. Have a safe weekend and hug Oakley for our family and enjoy !!! 

Will do. Thinking about you this weekend it will be hard.