Ok show me what you do with....

cynthiafu

Cut off as much meat from the fan as possible. I left the three layers of feathers cuz they look cool. Salt and borax combo on the meat after pinning it all spread out to a board. Leave it for weeks if not longer.

Arrange the feet however you want and salt/borax the cut ends - beard gets that too.

Still not sure how I going to put it all together - the woods I have there is some wood pallets that I need to clean up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

The two in the first picture I shot in the late 80's or 1990.  I just slated the tails in the fanned position while stapled upside down to a board.  Let them sit for a month or two then hang them where you want.  Those two have been there since 1991......

In the second picture, I paid a taxi-dude to "preserve" that much of the bird.  I hunted that bird for 6-7 days in Arcade maybe 20 years ago.  He'd be in the same general area for a day or two then head east a few hundred yards.  Each day he would give me fits, gobbling his butt off then going silent.  I don't recall if he had hens or not but he was brutal.  Finally on the 30th of the month I sneaked in a finger of woods between two fields and got what I guessed at 100 yards from him, strutting in the plowed field.  I made a couple of my finest yelps and he came in like he was on a string.  It was later in the morning and I felt like I'd summited Mt Everest.  I had to do something for the old monarch and that's it.

The spurs are self explanatory.  Beards are in a wooden box.........

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crappyice said:

I like the leather tacked over the “meat section”of the lower pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best part is there is no meat at all, just fender washers and hot glue. 

mine's in this thread, there's a guy/company in NY that makes it, let me know if you're interested and i can dig up the info. Be sure to trim your fan real good and put some 20 mule team borax rubbed in, pin it to some cardboard in the position you'd like it.

Edited by Belo

1 hour ago, maytom said:

Check out my website at maytomwoodworks.com I have some very unique items for the diehard turkey hunter.

For the highest quality, and some absolutely beautiful displays, check out maytoms stuff.

• Like 1