Bird identification?

39 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Sweet. Going back at dark with a burlap sack and flashlight to catch some. 

Send Biz....

The one on the right is proper proportions for a lesser yellowlegs..

The flock is definitely not woodcock,,, Legs seen a little long for snipe and I have never seen them flocked like that...Usually this time of the year they are circling overhead  marking their territory... Wish I could study them through my binocs..

• Like 1

This reminds me of a story...

My friend John was on a moose hunt in northern Ontario..His guide was a crusty old guy named Ernie, who had been involved in eighty-some moose kills...

Putting up a lake in a little outboard on their way to camp,, a duck landed near them...

John, who loves to talk and is interested in everything, said " Ernie,  what kind of a duck is that ? "

Ernie, who had lived in the bush all his life but neither knew nor cared anything about ducks, replied....

" John....That is a Great Canadian ****ing Duck  ".... True story....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

How about the long legged one to the right ?

That's Elliot, he's a little off, we don't talk about him. 

I think the beak is too short to be a Snipe, and too long and flat to be a Rail.   I'm un-identifying. 

Edited by cas

• 2 weeks later...

Woodcock or snipe ? How about the long legged one to the right ? Lesser yellow legs ? 830854e9f88c56bdaee17161dec93a41.jpg&key=76bdd8f7b4e9db6afa8cde428698d378a7ea99235e5d0e7f0e0ce47cbf939ebd
830820b980fc51afb29a415ac4b2aa5e.jpg&key=ac06664e82d0f6239996372bd1e459c714f65d4636e5ff0a6bcfafe304dff109

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously they are Cornish Game Hens. Quite delicious but you need to eat the whole flock in order to have a nice dinner

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Obviously they are Cornish Game Hens. Quite delicious but you need to eat the whole flock in order to have a nice dinner

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Spot on. Cornish Game Hens are a staple on Easter and for many years Xmas as well. What a phenomenal meal for each person to have their chicken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro