Kitchen cabinet overhaul

Cory

I have been wanting to do this since we moved into this house 4 years ago. So since to wife and kids went to the Florida house and I’m home all alone i decided to finally do it. I used Behr cabinet and trim paint.

34BD6816-5D13-45B2-BDA2-EED4B485183D.jpeg

60901038-E850-474D-8BCE-2946E7A3811F.jpeg

BC8FF4D6-1B6C-48C1-A1B7-CBA535949572.jpeg

DD6E29E9-87F8-4AA3-A9F6-FCD4FD91EDF6.jpeg

5200A245-4E14-4E3F-AE86-F42AD8850397.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Otto said:

Cory, what kind of sprayer did you use?  I am thinking of buying one but not sure what to get. 

I bought Graco magnum x5 from the Depot. I spent more than I wanted too $320 but I have a lot of projects to do. I’m tearing the asbestos shingles off the garage and replacing with Amish Batton boards. So I have to stain that and also it’s time to stain my cabin. So money well spent.

5 hours ago, ny hunter said:

Very nice......How much stuff did you throw away...When I did my kitchen the kept saying I have not used that in years.......Filled up 2 garbage bags..

So much stuff I filled one of my garbage totes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cory said:

If anyone in the buffalo area has a counter guy let me know!

Believe it or not...….When we were looking to replace ours we shopped around quite a bit and ended up with Home Depot and I could not have expected any better. If you can find a pattern you like I would highly recommend them. They sub-contract all their countertop work. We picked a granite color we liked. They made an appointment for us with a local fabricator who let us pick our own slab and they formed the countertop from that slab. Then they sent someone out to take the measurements. Installation went like a breeze and the price in comparison was good.

The only thing I had to do was take out the old one. They gave us enough notice so I could remove it a couple of days before they came.  They will also place the sink for you. Worth giving it a shot.

• Like 2

If anyone in the buffalo area has a counter guy let me know!

We used New York Kitchen and Bath on Broadway in Lancaster/Depew area. Top notch business and work with you every step of the way.

I have been hearing all countertop makers/installers are severely backlogged right now cause of the shutdown. Mine was originally measured for on March 10th....and will be installed now around June 7th.

Wish ya luck.....your rehab is looking real good!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

We used New York Kitchen and Bath on Broadway in Lancaster/Depew area. Top notch business and work with you every step of the way.

I've used them twice in my home, both times for bathrooms.  15 years ago and then a few years ago.  The last time we used them I had messed up and ordered a custom made cherry cabinet and quartz top/bowl.  I thought the sizing would be fine but boy, it was just way to big for our 1/2 bath.  They were amazing to deal with and really went WAY WAY out of their way to help me out of a real jamb.  

At my work, we use International Stone exclusively and they have been great too.

• Like 1

All the cabinets are from New York Kitchen and Bath....the designer was amazing to work with. Instead of paying a ton for a custom Carpenter to build out a mud room bench...the designer created one from cabinets and the trim Carpenter built a bench top for it....like I said I couldn't be more pleased.48aa9d87dead868efdea5a0f0fe6e89f.jpg0fa57d1809812603276f8e834d06a4d4.jpg7f83be8064b315fb564d8b333986198f.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk