What would do this to my fence?

MPHunter

Something is eating my fence. Very strange. Ate a chunk off the top and scratches all over the backside of the fence. Raccoon or squirrel? Maybe rabid? I'm sure a healthy animal would find something better to eat than pressure treated wood. daaabd6dc03bd17f72fe5d16241aafb6.jpge9e3313203f6037ca72a21a97d9b5c36.jpgf5ddd8849fd1ce100cbead02effd36d6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Have porcupine near you ? Scratches look too big for squirrels 

We live in a pretty tight residential neighborhood. Never saw a porcupine around. Definitely raccoons, possums and squirrels.  Just can't figure why any of them would want to eat my fence! 

2 hours ago, MPHunter said:

Something is eating my fence. Very strange. Ate a chunk off the top and scratches all over the backside of the fence. Raccoon or squirrel? Maybe rabid? I'm sure a healthy animal would find something better to eat than pressure treated wood. daaabd6dc03bd17f72fe5d16241aafb6.jpge9e3313203f6037ca72a21a97d9b5c36.jpgf5ddd8849fd1ce100cbead02effd36d6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Porcupines love to eat truck tires,  outhouse seats, and fuel lines...I doubt that eating a little PT lumber would bother them...

He has no porcupines!!!

Are the nail scratches on the opposite side of the chewed section?!? I like Cynthia’s idea of a fat squirrel getting stuck. I am picturing it sliding in and frantically reaching through the pull himself free- and nibbling the fence to free his fat ass/hips.

Or it’s a porcupine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2