Hope Solo dog shot.

First-light

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/17/us/hope-solo-dog-shot-trnd/index.html

So I see her dog was shot, that sucks. They bought their sixty acres so the dogs can run free. I think they have 5 Dobies. It's just a train wreck if you ask me. I would like to hear the other side of the story. Dog doesn't deserve to be shot but the owners need to be fined. It would be nice to hear the other side but it wasn't reported. 

• Sad 1

Dogs don't respect property boundaries...if a neighbor's dog was getting aggressive with my kid on my property, yeah I'd shoot it. I don't take chances with kids. But otherwise, I can't think of a scenario where I'd want to shoot a dog. Regardless, it would make me cry to have to do it.

8 minutes ago, ny hunter said:

Not right......How could you shoot a dog....

You wouldn't if it were attacking you?  

Those dogs look like a mean lot to me.  I have no doubt there's another side to the story.  We'll never know what it is, but I don't think most people would be saying "hey look at that cute dog I think I want to pet him" if one of them came too close.  Not saying they should be shot at, but I think most people's reaction would be to be a bit more wary of a Doberman compared to another breed.

• Like 1

I was bitten twice last year , a pit bull and a German Shepard, each minor , well the pit left a jaw shaped bleeding bite on my leg . If these five dogs were running free nextdoor to me ,I’d upgrade my daily carry .

Every bodies dog is , “ a nice dog .” 

In all her pictures of the dogs not a collar , rabies tag or license tag to be seen , not sure of where she lives or the laws, but it seems a bit odd .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Nomad said:

I was bitten twice last year , a pit bull and a German Shepard, each minor , well the pit left a jaw shaped bleeding bite on my leg . If these five dogs were running free nextdoor to me ,I’d upgrade my daily carry .

Every bodies dog is , “ a nice dog .” 

In all her pictures of the dogs not a collar , rabies tag or license tag to be seen , not sure of where she lives or the laws, but it seems a bit odd .

A neighbor I get along with has a dog that I don't trust. I don't get out of the car on his property and do not go to their house to visit. When asked I told them it was because I didn't trust their dog. They assured me he would be fine (pit mix and has bitten one person I know of).  My response was that their friendship means to much to me so it is better this way, becasue if the dog did bite me of a member of my family I would shoot as soon as I could get it in my sights even if it was in the middle of their kitchen. . 

• Like 2

I dont see a collar an any of those dogs, you can have your dog run on your own property, train it or restrain it to stay there!!  An escaped pet dragging a leash, broke chain, collar is a bit different than one running every day by itself. Have trail cam photo of a pit / rottweiler carrying a fawn ,with its red collar on.. no idea who's dog it was as none of my neighbors have one.

I remember my father shooting a dog during deer season chasing a doe ,picking it up and dropping it off at owners house and telling them it was running deer.  The man thanked him for bringing it home.  

My grand father killing a neighbor a few doors down dog that was in his chicken coop, told the guy come get his dog and bring 20 bucks for chickens it killed.. 

Its is your responsibility to control your dog period. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My neighbor  on my hunting property has german malamars. 4 or 5 . I got out of my truck to hunt one afternoon . While  putting on my boots  one of them came out of no where  and chomped on my calf.  I instinctively  punched . It let go .   The dog  stood back growling . I pulled my glock 21 and was settling sights on its  head  when  the owner  yelled  and I didn't shoot . Dog broke skin . I asked to see proof of shots . Her husband and I chatted after I settled down.  I  said   I wouldn't report it this time .  But if there dogs came on my property  or near me again I would shoot to kill . They cried that the dog was a little high strung . And the others weren't like her . I told them my 45 didn't know there names .

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

While  putting on my boots  one of them came out of no where  and chomped on my calf.  I instinctively  punched . It let go .   The dog  stood back growling .

Your a better man than me. A dog that bites me and continues to show aggression while I have access to a firearm is going to die regardless of the implications.

• Like 1

would be interesting to hear the other side for sure. I've never felt the need to shoot a dog even when i've been hunting and it would have been legal. Had it been coming after me, of course that's a different story. Hope her dog was collard, or a little bit of the blame (not all of it) is on them. 

22 minutes ago, Belo said:

would be interesting to hear the other side for sure. I've never felt the need to shoot a dog even when i've been hunting and it would have been legal. Had it been coming after me, of course that's a different story. Hope her dog was collard, or a little bit of the blame (not all of it) is on them. 

When is it legal to shoot a dog while hunting, other than when it is threatening you or another person  ??

It certainly is not legal to shoot a dog that is chasing wildlife...A  LEO can do it, but you can't legally do it

• Like 3

A dog that attacks and bites people can be shot in self defense, a dog that attacks and kills livestock can be shot. Shooting a dog for any other reason is illegal in NY. Shooting dogs these days will land you in a world of shit almost as bad as shooting a person, the consequences will be dire if you are caught.

Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, airedale said:

A dog that attacks and bites people can be shot in self defense, a dog that attacks and kills livestock can be shot. Shooting a dog for any other reason is illegal in NY. Shooting dogs these days will land you in a world of shit almost as bad as shooting a person, the consequences will be dire if you are caught.

Al

Youre not kidding! We can abort a baby up to 12 years old in NY but leave a dog in a car and see what happens

• Like 2

Al

What if said dog is attacking your dog as you walk it?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

What if said dog is attacking your dog as you walk it?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I believe your legal to shoot. However the issue is going to be discharging a firearm on a public street and endangering others. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pygmy said:

When is it legal to shoot a dog while hunting, other than when it is threatening you or another person  ??

It certainly is not legal to shoot a dog that is chasing wildlife...A  LEO can do it, but you can't legally do it

it is down south in Mississippi, and many other states. sorry for not clarifying. 

Edited by Belo